Not bushcraft but inspiring all the same

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Folks, have a look at this site that a guy has done who works for the same company as i do but in a different centre. He is very ill, dying in fact, of leukaemia. He is trying to raise awareness for bone marrow donations.

Made me think about life when i read some of his blogs.

Have a look here, very thought provoking.

http://baldyblog.freshblogs.co.uk/

many thanks

ps. didn't know which forum this should sit !

Andy

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
At my last session at the vampires i filled in the forms to be a blood donar. My dad had cancer for 6 years 5 1/2 more than diagnosed and he had 9 pints of blood so i feel ok having donated a load more than this.
he didnt need bone marrow but i would have felt guilty if i wasnt on the list.
i hope he encourages a load more people to donate....

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for posting this. It's prompted me to book a slot at the blood doner session tomorrow - never got around to registering when we moved house, but no excuse when people need it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Go out and give blood, its not hard, and although most people hear that we are short of blood, not many know that the shortage is often critical, to the point of being life threating to patients from time to time. The NHS NEEDS blood, so get of you bottom and go give some,,,,,,,,,, please

Richard

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I went along to give blood last year but was told I couldnt because I have migraine attacks.
I followed your link and asked if I could still be on the bone marrow register though.
when a relatives child had cancer aged 2, we also discovered she had an extremely rare blood group which had to be imported from norway. But that whole terrible episode and meeting the other children (most with leukemia) made me quite aware of the shortness of blood and marrow.

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
He's a hell of a guy!!

I myself was diagnosed with the AML form of leukaemia in 2002 when I was 19 and after 6 intensive months I had a bone marrow transplant from my sister. I was one of the lucky ones as I had not one but two sisters who were matches.

If you cannot find a match within your family and relatives there is a world wide search of donors so you see how important it is to have bone marrow donors and I couldn't even begin to count how many blood transfusions I had during my illness. Fact is, donors have afforded me another chance and ill be forever grateful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE