Norwich and Norfolk group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi biddlesby could you PM with not your home adress but your local area so i can figure out the best way for us to all meet up, i know roughly where everyone else is!
prehaps we can meet up some where nearer to you Biddlesby, so it's less difficult to get to?
cheers.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi am i welcome to this meet up
if so when is it ?
and
where is it ?
thanks leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Leon you are very keen! :rolleyes:

don't worry.....
we'll tell you when it is......
just keep watching the thread,
as i said it takes weeks sometimes to decide on dates and times as many of us have work and families to consider as well!

all in good time....all, in good time!
:240: just chill,
:cool: relax and wait for it to be organised!
;)

as i've said on the thread everyone is welcome, as long as you keep an eye on whats happening on the thread you won't miss out! ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:lmao:
feels like the whole world is watching :lmao:

Just to explane Leon-b sent me about 6 PM's in half an hour, which is why i said chill. ;)

this next meet is going to be next weekend saturday or sunday it'll be in the norwich area, i'm thinking south norwich?
do you know Ringland hills?

nice place genuinely hilly, :eek: no really, proper hills!
i've done loads of stuff up there its a nice place if you want to see a different part of rural Norfolk also it's really easy to get to from the A47 for those living south of Norwich.
any opionions? :)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Should be able to make that. Hopefully I'll have my tatonaka (sp?) tarp by then. Don't know Ringland Hills specifically - but I've been to the ever popular riverbank there quite a few times. Just wish I had a canoe!

Will have to come late afternoon on Saturday, and leave late afternoon on Sunday.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
just to clarify we aren't camping overnight! :(

it'll be one day or the other prehaps both if there's enough interest!

that's this week end coming 8th 9th july, hopefully it won't be too hot by then!:)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
ok this saturday "tomorow"!

you know what i was saying about watching the thread? ;)
leon-b look at the top of this page 4 posts ago!

OK meet up tomorow, at top carpark in ringland hills.
for those unfamiliar we'll meet nearby then go to it!

meet at Mc Donalds carpark it's on the left just off the A47 as you come into Norwich!

from swaffham direction (south west)on the A47 take the first turning into Norwich, at the roundabout turn left, then on follow the road (longwater lane)and take first left this should lead you towards sainsbury's and turn left again and you'll find Mc Donalds!

from east Gt. yarmouth direction and the A11 (this ones for you Leon-b ;) ) go on to the A47 towards swaffham, take the last turning to norwich (Norfolk show ground, cosstessy, bowthorpe turning), turn Right at the roundabout, then left (onto longwater lane)at the next keep turning left and you'll find Mc Donalds.

we'll meet at 1PM that gives people time to have thier lunch if they want.
if you're meeting us at Ringland hills make it quarter past (13:15)!

ok stuff to bring?

there were some pools of water last time i went, which means there may be Mosquitoes in some areas, so bring at least a long sleaved top and some bug repellent!i went walking recently and got eaten alive!)

Obviously because it's hot bring water!

no big knives or other things that could be seen as weapons!

bring a tarp, hammock, food, drink, new kit you want to try out, kit you want to show off anything really!

how about we do some tarp setting up in the cool shade?

i have several i can bring. i can show you some tarp techniques if you want!

so that's 1pm tomorrow, at the Mc Donalds carpark, long water estate, just of the A47.

Can i see a show of hands so we know how many of us are coming!

(snufkin, i'll have some "kit" for you to take home, remind me when we get there or i might forget!! :)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Grrr somethings come up so I wont be able to make it today :( . Hope you all have fun though :) . Catch you next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE