north wood meet 27th ~ 29th august '10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi all, :)

thought id better post up a bit earlier than last time give people a chance to have a gander.
this meet were going back to the lower end of the wood, plenty of space for tree or ground dwellers, (see 'may' meet pics)
at the last outing in june we all had a cracking time with the bow drill thanks to martin, cliff and neil. :D
ok as before, just a reminder of terms and directions.

im sure i shouldnt have to mention good housekeeping to you, but im going to anyway. :(
were here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me. im going to be blunt here, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will be asked to leave. individual fires are allowed off the ground, there is plenty of windfall and some standing (usual precautions apply) live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, this will be marked and out of bounds as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer. ok happy head back on! :)

fees are a reasonable £4 per head per night, access on friday is from 1700, for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight (i will find out times) location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, map ref' SP19038 95694 (see 'wheres the path' website) for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, (with a sit down burger van) which is 'middleton house farm'. full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North warwickshire
B78 2BD

the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between the car park and the wood, and you need to unload your vehicle, keep to the track, proceed with caution with hazards on at 15mph

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out :)

steve

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
welome back muddy :D

Watcha Steve the photos from the last meet looked fantastic. Really looking forward to this one mate and it will be great to catch up at RC soon as well.

Looks like a lot of skills were being practiced last time at North Wood.

I didn't get back till late sunday so couldn't show my face.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I start my new work on the 23rd August now, so I should need some relaxing and want to hear how the trip went so mark me down as a most possible :)

woodspirits
nolightweight
Muddy Boots
MartinK9
TinkyPete (TBC)

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
OK not to sure if im free or not but hey i'm slapping my name down anyways :cool:

woodspirits
nolightweight
Muddy Boots
MartinK9
TinkyPete (possible +)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
with regards to this meet, it totally slipped my mind that it was a bank holiday, if there is enough in favour we could make this into a 3 nighter :) perhaps a '2' or '3' alongside your name?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
with regards to this meet, it totally slipped my mind that it was a bank holiday, if there is enough in favour we could make this into a 3 nighter :) perhaps a '2' or '3' alongside your name?

Even Better Steve. :)

woodspirits
nolightweight
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (possible +)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Following the RC firebow, cordage and shelter builds, shall we have a theme for this one?

As we might all have an extra day in the woods might as well try something out?

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
woodspirits
nolightweight
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (possible +)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)
Twodogs -3

Anyone fancy a bit of map and compass work? , some water purification, maybe try some different methods of fire starting ?
Plus a Sunday roast ..........

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
woodspirits
nolightweight
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (possible +)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)
Twodogs -3

Anyone fancy a bit of map and compass work? , some water purification, maybe try some different methods of fire starting ?

Sounds good mate. :)

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
woodspirits
nolightweight (Sat am onwards)
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (possible +)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)
Twodogs -3

Up for the navigation Cliff. How about a gypsy well? I'll be having a go at a few things for some skills practice.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Sounds good if anyone needs a hand with Nav I can help, I have done my mapric :)

got some spare compasses I can bring along if necessary, I should be able to get some maps of the area too (I will look into it tomorrow at work, I get really well with our Geo section)

Indian well sounds good too and other purification methods, some of the water in those ponds needs it :)

Meet List:

woodspirits
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (TBC)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)
Twodogs -3

Last edited:

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
Tried to resist but it's no good

Meet List:

woodspirits
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 - 3
TinkyPete (TBC)
Snarf (TBC)
Snarf's Sniff (TBC)
Twodogs -3
Cliv - 3

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE