north wood meet 25th-27th june 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya,

well ive managed to secure another meet for us at the above, sorry for the short notice but hopefully some of you will be able to attend :) same basics same fees here's a rundown of the last meets intro'

im sure i shouldnt have to mention good housekeeping to you, but im going to anyway. :(
were here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me. im going to be blunt here, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will be asked to leave. individual fires are allowed off the ground, there is plenty of windfall and some standing (usual precautions apply) live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, this will be marked and out of bounds as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer. ok happy head back on! :)

fees are a reasonable £4 per head per night, access on friday is from 1700, for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight (i will find out times) location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, map ref' SP19038 95694 (see 'wheres the path' website) for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, which is 'middleton house farm'. full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North warwickshire
B78 2BD

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out :)

steve

Last edited:

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
well i do apologise, but when i started typing that reply there was only neil you cabbage!

Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf +1 (TBC)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
well this is a good start! as for pitching martin, theres been no harm to our last camp area, but i wouldnt object to the other end if you want, perhaps a bit of a vote?.as long as were all in one end or the other, depending on numbers there is slightly less choice i think for the hangers down by the moat :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
well this is a good start! as for pitching martin, theres been no harm to our last camp area, but i wouldnt object to the other end if you want, perhaps a bit of a vote?.as long as were all in one end or the other, depending on numbers there is slightly less choice i think for the hangers down by the moat :)

Steve,

Glad to hear that we had a minimal effect on the area.

Re the other area, I just thought it might be an opportunity to "try it out" in good weather before future possible winter meets.

I'll go with the consensus though :D

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
:sadwavey: What Steve said goes for me too! I highly doubt I can make this one, June is my busiest time of year at work. Hopefully make up for lost time the rest of the year! Have a good one guys:)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Sadly i will have to pull out of this one guys, my social secretary informs me it's our wedding anniversary that weekend, damn and blast!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE