North Wood Christmas meet 16-18 December 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Back in September i opened up a discussion on the regulars sub forum, the subject was about the possibility of a temporary lifting of restrictions concerning gathering wood for individual fires. This was only for the winter meets of December and February.

The response was mixed about 50/50, some for and others happy the way it was. We also discussed it at the last meet with similar results, my sole reason for suggesting this was a possible repeat of the severity of last Decembers meet and the psychological benefits of having your own fire in such conditions without having to bring big bundles of wood in. :)

So, going on your response coupled with the relatively 'mild' weather, we will stick with our current guidelines. For clarity on these please refer to the relevant heading in post 1. If you want your own fire, anything above thumb size you bring in. Any new or recent members still unsure, just ask me or any of the regulars.

Steve

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
im not aware of any on this meet, heres the latest list;

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste.

1. woodspirits
2. Tank
3. TinkyPete
4. Twodogs
5. Cliv
6. NLW
7. MartinK9
8. Cowboy
9. Sasquatch
10. Karl82
11. Bodge + Adam
12. Andy BB (Subject to work)
13. Turbogirl (arrive sat am)
14. SimonD (Subject to impending fatherhood, arrive sat am for one night)
15. Muddy Boots (just a maybe)
16. Preper
17. luckylee,i'm hoping i will able to make it.
18. WombleWill +1 (tbc)
19. Davey569
20. Wayland TBC
21. Outdoory ( possibly plus 1)
22. Priam (+ 1 guest) Sat AM arrival (so looking for ward to this meet)
23. spud TBC

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Back in September i opened up a discussion on the regulars sub forum, the subject was about the possibility of a temporary lifting of restrictions concerning gathering wood for individual fires. This was only for the winter meets of December and February.

The response was mixed about 50/50, some for and others happy the way it was. We also discussed it at the last meet with similar results, my sole reason for suggesting this was a possible repeat of the severity of last Decembers meet and the psychological benefits of having your own fire in such conditions without having to bring big bundles of wood in. :)

So, going on your response coupled with the relatively 'mild' weather, we will stick with our current guidelines. For clarity on these please refer to the relevant heading in post 1. If you want your own fire, anything above thumb size you bring in. Any new or recent members still unsure, just ask me or any of the regulars.

Steve

Cheers Steve, thanks for the reminder, see you there. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Sorry but may have to pull out of this one, which I'm gutted about, because I have some good news to celebrate with you all.
willynillycopy1.gif

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Gary, common sense prevailed then? Good stuff if that's the case!

Bodge, I don't know about anyone else but no Joseph this time round...won't be there until Saturday myself.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Easy for an outsider to be optimistic about it as the outcome doesn't affect them but I always figured things had to go in your favour. Well done, now you can fully enjoy your Christmas! :beerchug:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Are there any kids going to this meet?
My Youngling is not coming... until I'm sure of my set up skills, he doesn't want to risk being put off by having Mom freeze and soak him in the name of experimentation... oh and he's been promised a shoot this weekend instead of just scoring so I don't think I coulda competed with that anyhow :) Bodge, come anyway, a little time off is a good thing ;)

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'll be arriving Friday pm. Wonder if - for the first time - I'll be able to put tent up in the light?!

Any preference for booze? Options from some more Tsiporo (actually I'll bring that anyway - wouldn't seem like a midlands meet without that!), some weird cherry liqueur, a bottle of Russian brandy or some French Calvados............Oh, and save your beer cans - I'll try to remember to bring my penny-burner tool-making kit (scissors and drawing pins) if anyone wants one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE