North wood 4 day meet 29th april - 2nd may

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
on a different note, i took mrsD out to the woods yesterday and she loved it!!! saw muntjac and fallow deer and loads of different birds. she even lay in the hammock and had a doze while i made us a brew. i think...... that she might even be up for a night out because she really wants to see some badgers. so maybe, at some point in the distant future, she'll come along to a meet. baby steps tho, can't believe she's even considering it :D

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
on a different note, i took mrsD out to the woods yesterday and she loved it!!! saw muntjac and fallow deer and loads of different birds. she even lay in the hammock and had a doze while i made us a brew. i think...... that she might even be up for a night out because she really wants to see some badgers. so maybe, at some point in the distant future, she'll come along to a meet. baby steps tho, can't believe she's even considering it :D

Karl's got it, the knacker is my son Joseph, don't know why but it's stuck since he was born. He's just turned 6 and it's time to bring him to meets to ensure my pass out in future and get him out more. Good to hear your wife might be up for a meet, just remember it'll be the death of 'Independant Simon'! Up until now it's been family at family camps and meets on the side for me. My wife actually believes I'm roughing it on these I think...:rolleyes:

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i hear you chad. i can't see her becoming a regular, it'd be nice just to share it with her rather than bore her to death telling her about it :) even if i just get her out in my local every now and again i'll be happy. i bet your boy is ridiculously excited, off big boy camping with his dad. does that mean you'll be tenting??

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
He's slept under a tarp before and has his own hammock but it'll be his first meet with 'the camping fellas'...I'll be bringing the tipi and a tarp to keep it simple until it warms up a bit more. I feel for you guys, if he doesn't go all shy he won't shut up all weekend! I'll pitch up out of earshot from the main group to save you all the hassle.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
don't be silly mate, i'm sure he's a top little fella. had my first bivvy night last weekend and now i can't decide between it and the hammock. too much gear!:rolleyes:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
don't be silly mate, i'm sure he's a top little fella. had my first bivvy night last weekend and now i can't decide between it and the hammock. too much gear!:rolleyes:

Bring it all Simon, leave some in the car and you get the best of both worlds if you change your mind. That's why I like meets, you don't have to stick to a bergen's worth all weekend if you decide to try different set ups.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Bring it all Simon, leave some in the car and you get the best of both worlds if you change your mind. That's why I like meets, you don't have to stick to a bergen's worth all weekend if you decide to try different set ups.

thats what i'm going to do i reckon mate. got my ipk(?) off dave last time so i'm good to go wherever i lay my head :)

off on a bushcraft course with woodland ways this weekend at derby so i might even try a natural shelter, acquired skills and available wood permitting :p

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1

1. woodspirits (fri to mon)
2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
4. Tank ( Sun to Mon) tbc
5. Preper (2 nights prob Fri and Sat)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
7. Sasquatch + the knacker (Fri-Sun) TBC
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC

2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC
9. Savagebushcraft aka crazysaint222 (Fri-Sun 2 nights)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC
9. Savagebushcraft aka crazysaint222 (Fri-Sun 2 nights)
10. Davey569 (fri - sun)

Can't make it this time folks. sorry, something has come up round my neck of the woods for that weekend, have removed my name from the list for ya.

2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC
9. Davey569 (fri - sun)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
looks like this may be a cosy little meet then :D for me, this is the nicest time in the wood, a veritable carpet of bluebells!

(from lasy year)

030.jpg

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, and include this line in the paste
2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC
9. davey569 (fri-sun)

Last edited:

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
looks like this may be a cosy little meet then :D for me, this is the nicest time in the wood, a veritable carpet of bluebells!

(from lasy year)

030.jpg

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, and include this line in the paste
2. NLW (Fri to Mon)
3. SimonD (Fri to Sun)
6. Snarf (whole hog!)
8. MJM1 (Fri-Sun) TBC
9. davey569 (fri-sun)

Wow, looks beautiful steve. its weird how you go from so many last time to so few this time. i'm sure the wood will appreciate it though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE