North Meet. Definately On. Confirm if you're interested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
The tarps are already in the van. I'll put two up for shelter/working in case it rains and the other two can be for grounsheets in the flint knapping area. We don't want any little kiddies lacerating their feet on our leftovers. Good point. I'd not have thought about it.

Eric

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Eric_Methven said:
The tarps are already in the van. I'll put two up for shelter/working in case it rains and the other two can be for grounsheets in the flint knapping area. We don't want any little kiddies lacerating their feet on our leftovers. Good point. I'd not have thought about it.

Eric
I've got a crappy old blanket of a decent size that you could use for the flint knapping incase your tarp gets cut if you like, Eric?

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Change that from being penciled in....i will be arriving around 5.00pm traffic permitting. From reading the threads over the last week or so, it looks like its going to be a good learning experience. I have recently completed a Woodlander course so a lot of the stuff is still in my head (things leave more readily at my age :confused: ) Look forward to seeing you all soon. Quite fancy having a go at flint knapping.

Pedro

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Sorry folks - count me out for this one - I'll be on the red-eye back from the Eastern Med....Mebbe next time (like Summer holz '06...)

N

H

halo

hi guys,hope i'm not too late but i'd love to come too,i'm pretty new to bushcraft so have'nt got much to offer in the way teaching anything unless theres somwhere to fish i'mon holiday the following week so that weekend would be perfect for me for my first meet sounds like i could learn so much from you guys and finaly put some faces to names :) will anyone be doing some sort of axe workshop? as i've got a nice new gbsfa that needs christening.

i noticed i'm not the only noob who's interested so that's all good if there's a place for me :drive: it's hamock n tarp for me though with tent as backup :eek:

thats it from me know :notworthy

:red: thank's halo(waiting in anticipation)

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Course you can come Halo. Look forward to meeting you.
Dunno about an axe workshop, but there'll be plenty of opportunities to make use of it. I'll be using my GB carving axe to get creative with wood.

Eric

H

halo

:red: :red: that's me there then :beerchug: i'll be able to properly test my hamock off magikelly if theres enough trees and i'll bring a little fishing kit just incase oh and fire wood.

cheers paul aka halo

ganit

Jul 13, 2005
Pendle
Id like to come too, im pretty sure i can make that weekend and i live in N.Lancs so im not too far away.

I can provide logs here too, but i have no transport so someone would have to drop in for them.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
>yaaaaaaaaaawn< urgh...morning all.

hope y'all slept better than me this wknd?

here's another list:

Wayland + 1
Goose
Graham S
led + 1
bloodline
outdoorcode
Razorstrop
Eric Methven
Bumblebee
JimH
scruff + 2
morch + 2
Grooveski
Scout
redcollective
Scally
running bare + 1
Big Geordie
big lizard
bike thing
Spoony + 1
gaz_miggy + 1
JoshG + 2
Emberglow
peds8045
twelveboar + 3
bilko

Simon waites?

41 defo's, 1 maybe.

is it me or has anyone else got the spoon bug? but no matter how many i make though i only ever seem to have the one i'm currenty making/ just made in my possession???? :dunno: they keep wandering off :burnout:

i'm also feverishly trying to make a handle for a nu knife blade i got....have been making some prototypes outta pine but not quite hit the nail on the head yet.

with luck it will be accompanying me to the meet. hope to soure some leather/sheath making tips ;) ;)

H

halo

yep its a definate from me :red: :drive: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:
i should be there around friday afternoon

halo

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Scruff, I have some lovely oak and spalted birch handle blanks I'll be bringing. What with a vice, drill, saw blades and superglue there's no reason not to do a handle there and then. I'll also have my surforms and wood rasps and wire wool and linseed oil as well as brass rod and brass tube. Beautiful knives can be made in the field.

Eric

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Razorstrop said:
Hi all
was up at Fisherground last week with work , and have a few badly taken photys from my mobile, they are a bit erm poor but if osmeone will tell me how to get them up here i will post them

not as bright as he thinks he is sometimes
Garry

If you load them onto your computer then while posting scroll down to additional options and manage attachments.

Browse for the files to upload and that should attachthem to your post when it is made..

I think........ :confused:

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Or go to imageshack, upload you photo, copy the last URL (direct link I think it is called), come back here, start a new post, press the image button in the toolbar and paste in the picture URL. Simpler than I made it sound like...

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Eric_Methven said:
Scruff, I have some lovely oak and spalted birch handle blanks I'll be bringing. What with a vice, drill, saw blades and superglue there's no reason not to do a handle there and then. I'll also have my surforms and wood rasps and wire wool and linseed oil as well as brass rod and brass tube. Beautiful knives can be made in the field.

Eric

Eric that would be absolutley fantastic! Thank you, thank you :) :) :) :) :)

Whats your poison? I'll be sure to buy you a drink or two....plus some, for any expert pointers you can give me :beerchug:

I think this is gonna be one good wknd!

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Looks like I'll be able to make it, with the family (+3). We won't be able to getaway till first thing on Saturday, we'll be tenting it but I've got some pretty big tarps if anyone thinks it's worth bringing them. I'm hoping to have a go at making a kuksa so if you have any tips, let me know.

Looking forward to it.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i spy....twelveboar i've updated the list

look forward to seein you there.

not sure how early i'll be able to get there yet....it might be too dark by the time i could arrive on friday....hope not i need a long bushcraft wknd.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Well i have to say that i would love to come and finally practice some real bushcraft. Still, i have to admit that i'm a bit anxiouse about being so wet behind the ears amongst 40 odd seasoned bushcrafters....
You can understand cockney can't ya? :D
So that would be a "me as well please if that's ok" :)

mumbles....6 hours drive just so i can chop some logs with my new axe :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE