North Meet. Definately On. Confirm if you're interested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Situation report.

I have tried to contact the Fisherground site with no luck so far.

Their answerphone has a message that suggests they do not take bookings but they have plenty of room.

I have e-mailed them twice to discuss our needs but received no reply. :(

I am going to continue trying but we may need a Plan B, so if any one has any other site suggestions, now would be a really good time to hear them.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Update:

Right then. Got a reply to my communications this morning.

Yes they are open, yes they will take our booking.

They had concerns about an "all male group" as they are a family site and they have a strict rule about noise after 10.30pm.

This does not mean we all have to be in bed but it does mean conversation around the campfire does have to be quiet .

It is possible that we will be alone on the site at this time of year in which case this rule may be relaxed slightly.

Also things have changed since the website was produced. The farmer who owns the adjacent woodland is no longer happy for people to forage over his land.

Although we may not be able to forage for much firewood the site does sell good sized bags of logs for about £3

The site has a small amount of woodland of it's own, access to the river and the fells behind the site are public access.

The area that may be suitable for hammocks is descibed as a bit scruffy with loose rocks and gravel about, but we should be able to camp fairly nearby.

We cannot create any fresh campfires, only use existing ones which should not be a problem.

So, the site is Fisherground in Eskdale. OS map OL6 ( English Lakes SW sheet ) Roughly NY154003

The site fees are:

Adults: £4.00 Children: £2.00 Vehicles: £2.00 Gazebos: £2.00 ?

I was not able to negotiate a discount.

Bear in mind I have not been able to see this site, I am working on recommendations and conversation with the owners.

The only other site we have as a possibility at this time is in Cheshire.

The dates we have discussed are 28th October to 31st October (The site closes after this date.)

Given the details I have so far is this still to everyones liking?

* * * * * To confirm your interest please post on this thread so that I can guage numbers etc. * * * * *

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Count me in (possibly! - depends on the the DIY schedule at home!). I'm afraid I'm a softie and would bring my trusty one bloke tent. If there's a contact list please put me on it.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i'm still up for it....

....think i might freeze in my hammock but could do with the chance to use it...oh and find out how to tie it up :eek:

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I'll be there for definite along with my 2 boys. Would prefer to try out the hammocks but will have the tent in the car ;) Can't wait

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Count me in. Looking forward to all these new faces :D

Thanks for all your work on our behalf, Wayland.

See you all there.

Jim.

Beakytzw

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2005
where ever the military send me!
Ever thought about contacting the ALTCAR Trg Camp, Its used mainly by the Territorial Army for training, but I do know they allow private gun clubs to use the ranges, for a fee. Maybe they will allow Bushcrafters to use some of the wide open spaces and the Small woodlands they have for our activities especially if we show our interest in conservation of natural woodlands and the use of natural materials.

Worth a try, just contact direct inquiries and ask for the QM, Altcar Training Camp, Merseyside.

Like i said, Private gun clubs can be found on there every other weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE