Norrona 35L

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
If memory serves, I believe Gary (Bearclaw) uses one. I believe they're very good and hold more akin to 45L than 35L - they calculate the volume differently I'm told. Not cheap though.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I think Norrona makes several diffrent models of "combat packs". As somone already said Gary has one, and it looks really good and has some really good features. There are also cheaper packs made from Bergans that are similar.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Yep I do have a Norrona and personally speaking it knocks the socks off any pack I've used in a long time.

Although its 35l its big - as we have discussed both I think the Norwegians measure internal volume while us tight fisted brits measure external volume - either way its bigger than 35l.

Infact its volume is such that even at the Jan Ashdown meet when there was ice on the ground I was able to fit all my gear including sleeping bag into it. I have used it all year thus far (almost every other weekend) and think it is an excellent pack.

Cost wise it is a little expensive compared to others but I cant fault it and I personally believe it worth every penny.

Hope that helps, any question drop me a line or pm me.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Gary I don't suppose you have a pic of the strap side of the pack you could post, all the internet can deliver is images of the front of the pack.

Have been on the lookout for a tough 30 - 40L pack for a while, I guess this will probably be the one.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Sorry mate but my digi cam died this weekend with I was away practicing the craft!!! Damn thing just makes a whiring noise now other wise I would take a picture for you.

kitpic.bmp
[/IMG]

That the only picture I can find but the strapps are basically two wide flatish shoulder straps and a 1" belt - it sits gang square in the centre of my back as so if better than most military pack for that alone.

I've also attached to water bottle pouches to the sides of mine, these make hand little pockets.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I wish it were the case mate.

Still I have a good range for british made ones now so mustnt grumble.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Several people had suggested, and I'd read on BCUK, that the Norrona 35L rucksack was a superb piece of kit.

However other than the low quality picture on the site, I could never find any images or detailed info on it.

But I bought one direct from Norrona anyway.

For those interested some images can be found at...

And by way of a mini-review, its very well made, very tough and definitly larger than the 35 litres that Norrona suggest.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Ed W said:
Nice pack.

Thinking of getting one so where can I get one from? And how much would it cost?

Cheers

Unless you can find an importer in the UK (I couldn't) you will have to buy direct from Norrona.

www.norrona.com.

My costs for doing so were:

1 pcs art 60 Combat Pack, color green, price EUR 139,00.

Freight EUR 46,00

Total to pay EUR 185,00.

Ed W

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the info on prices.

Now this may sound like a dumb question but which pack is it? On the norrona site the only 35L pack is the combat pack but that looks nothing like it. Any help much appreiciated.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The one on the site does look different, the leather name badge is no more and there is webbing tape front and sides for hanging waterbottles or whatever off. The tape loops (compression straps) shown on the front of the pack on the web site, are supplied.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE