Nite Ize, what's with.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 19, 2007
Lichfield, Staffs
The stupid switch thing they give you "so you don't have to refocus your torch beam"!!!

That'd be fine, but once the new led and reflector are fitted, the beam doesnt really focus anymore anyway.....

Add to that the increased likelyhood of the torch going off by accident and killing it's batteries, and the loss of anyway to fit a wriststrap and welllll.... does anyone actually use it?

This isn't really a moan, just find it amusing that they add such a pointless gimmick...

M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Ha! when I bought LED conversion thingy it didn't come with the button and I felt really cheated when I went back next and there was the new packs with it in for the same money.

Seams like I didn't lose out in the end!

I bit the bullet and stuck a pair of (reversed until I need to use it) Energizer Lithuim AAs in, shelf lifes supposedly until 2020

ATB

Tom

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I bought some (very good) Kroll tailcaps for my MiniMags but I found that when removing the torch from a pouch it is easier to twist the head to turn it on than to flip it around and use a tailcap switch.

I favour the Opalec Newbeam conversion. It costs a bit more than the Nite-Ize, but it has better regulation and a handy low battery warning feature.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers for the heads up on the Terralux LED, I googled it and found out it also fits the AAA Mini Maglite. I've been wanting to standardise on AAA batteries for a while as my Tikka and mini radio work on them but didn't care for the battery life/ output of my old AAA Maglite.

US price is 13 bucks so I've asked a mate over there to source me one.

http://www.terralux.biz/products/TLE-20page.php

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE