Nissan Vanettes

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone know much about Nissan Vanettes?? I'm looking at a 2.3 Diesel?? Good , Bad or Indifferent.

Mainly want it for pottering around in but on occasion I have a need to take a lot of kit around and getting rid of rubbish.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
My first van was one, i got it with 250,000 miles on it, ran it for another 9 months, before trading it in. They are the same as the ldv i believe. They are warm due to the engine being under the cab, they are slow & noisy, economy is'nt to bad as i recall, a good workhorse.

I drive a toyota now days & they are far better, but the nissan in my experience was'nt to bad.

Rob

greenwood

Forager
Jan 2, 2012
Wild Wiltshire
Nissan like most Jap cars are usually reliably, you have to have a good look at what every you buy, and in saying that, any thing can go wrong at any time even if you spend a fortune on it being checked over, if i was nearer, i would look around it for you bud.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
We had one as a works van years ago. Bit slow as it was a non turbo model but would go forever. However I'm just looking to buy a Nissan x trail but they have horrible problems with the turbo going after as little as 3000 miles from new. Nissan are usually damn good motors.

Last edited:
We had one as a works van years ago. Bit slow as it was a non turbo model but would go forever. However I'm just looking to buy a Nissan x trail but they have horrible problems with the turbo going after as little as 3000 miles from new. Nissan are usually damn good motors.

Ive had two x-trails and never had any problems with them. I bought 2 year old cars and ran them with quite high annual mileage for about a further 5 years. Used them both for occasional light off roading. But maybe I was just lucky?
i don't think mine had turbos, what version are you thinking of?

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm looking at an 05 plate T30 2.2 dci sport. Only done 29k from new and one owner.
Thing is I have a 59 plate A6 tdi and don't know if I would regret giving it up.

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
My old man had a Vanette. He bought it when he moved to Ireland and it carried the load very well. He did about a dozen round trips too in the couple if years he lived there, coming back to Leeds from Kells. There were some hard slots with the Pennines etc and it just kept going. Only problem he ever had was a leaky radiator (which can happen to any motor really) but he just patched it up with no nails :eek: every time it spring a leak.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

chris667

Jan 4, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
After having had a Romahome (little Citroen based campervan) for years, I recently decided it was too rotten and bought a Citroen C15 (the van the Romahome is based on).

Not fast and crap brakes, but mechanically very simple and cheap to run. I get 60mpg out of mine if I'm careful. Mine, six years old and with just 20,000 miles on the clock is superb. There's lots still about, and if you can find one that isn't rotten you'll have a nice little van for a few years.

Putting a roof tent on mine, as it can be a guest bedroom when I have people stay on the boat. :D

brickie

Sep 12, 2010
North Wales
Hello , TeeDee They are good vans i would agree with what Woof has already said , i too drive a toyota hiace now which imo is a much better van fuel wise and comfort wise ,have you thought about looking at one of these .Although i do miss the twin sliding doors on the nissan which came in very handy sometimes

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hello , TeeDee They are good vans i would agree with what Woof has already said , i too drive a toyota hiace now which imo is a much better van fuel wise and comfort wise ,have you thought about looking at one of these .Although i do miss the twin sliding doors on the nissan which came in very handy sometimes

Yep, the double sliding doors were good.

Rob

garethw

Settler
I've had several Nissan 4x4's which have on the whole been good cars... On the van front my favourite was the VW T4 Transporter... I sold mine on with 320,000kms on the clock and it was still going strong.
Great vans....
cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE