Night time walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Just got back from a really great night time walk with the Scouts. Only a mile and a half but we made them turn off all their torches, stop talking and listen. Walked a bit along the Cotswold ridge - all you can hear there is cars and trains from the villages below. But then got down into the woods and started to hear all the owls plus a couple of grumpy pheasants.

Last week we had a really bright moon, but this weeks group had no moon. Even so they managed the whole walk without their torches and without talking or any other silly noises. Just brilliant :)

Hopefully we've now convinced at least one or two of them that you can see enough in the dark to move quietly.

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
It's good to get the Scouts (or others) walking in the 'real' dark. Last Scout walk we had was through a local forest and we sat with torches off just chatting for 10 mins. Then I got them to look at the stars and they were astounded at just how many they could see - just shows what a few minutes of getting used to the dark can do.

As an aside, I had my phone (Android) with Star Chart loaded and they were transfixed looking at the stars & finding out all about them.

Love walking in the dark....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE