Newby

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 28, 2007
Cleveland
Oops voted on 'preferred fire lighting method' yesterday and haven't even introduced myself, that's bad.

My name's Andy and I live at the foot of the North Yorks Moors.

You will find me most weekends up in the woods or on the moor tops with my lads.

Been showing them how to tap birch and stuff like that this spring. I'm starting to gather a few wild foods but don't think I'm brave enough to do fungi yet - maybe a course is in order somewhere.

I've been making stuff out of wood for quit a few years now but recently started carving spoons, bowls etc and generally getting more rustic - really want to try the bark container by Patrick McGlinchey.

That's about me, looking forward to getting out and doing more than just reading about it.

Cheers

Andy

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Welcome to BCUK :)

Sounds like you're already out there doing it Andy - Did your lads enjoy Birch tapping?

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A very warm welcome Andy. You are obviously exploring the sort of stuff that interest folk on this site. Great to have you aboard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE