New Wildlife Laws Impacts Woodland Use

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stephendedwards

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2006
Wales
It occurs to me that if "bushcraft" is what people claim it to be ie: a oneness with natural world. Then the some total of the impact to so called bushcrafters will be nil. Whether reality will bear this out is another matter of course.

Stephen

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
i dont think bushcraft is oneness with nature well certainly not in this country its not , however thats not meant to be a slur .
the best we can hope for is an awareness of how we impact the enviroment and lessen that impact.
i think that is why many of us use tarps instead of cutting down folage to make shelters.
carry fire boxes to use less wood.
build fires carefully and not over doing it .
sucking eggs lessons next week lol.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Perhaps in 10,000 years time there will be no other trace of human habitation on this planet other than the pyramids no matter what humans do.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Perhaps in 10,000 years time there will be no other trace of human habitation on this planet other than the pyramids no matter what humans do.

Probably not even them, after all they took all the lime stone facing off to build Cairo..

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
I think it was in new scientist that I read the thing that we will leave in abundance is porcelain.

So archaeologists in centuries to come will be wondering what these great shrines we built in public places are for ;)

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh

There are shell middens older than that - and our middens (aka landfill sites) are much larger and more durable.

Of course, it's entirely possible that we'll end up mining them for valuable resources before that long...

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That's exactly what they want you to do William unless you are going to/from work and earning money or to/from the shops and spending money.

So long as you don't drive a car to get there because there are about a hundred things they'll fine you for when you do (and I speak from experience). Don't smoke a cigarette, wear clothing that might make you stand out, carry a knife, etc, etc. Smile you're on CCTV. :)

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
So long as you don't drive a car to get there because there are about a hundred things they'll fine you for when you do (and I speak from experience). Don't smoke a cigarette, wear clothing that might make you stand out, carry a knife, etc, etc. Smile you're on CCTV. :)

omg i smoke i like my wood knife like to have fires in woods and make camps cant seem so wear anything but green and i enjoy shooting .
oh dear i think the best idea is i lock myself in my room and just order from tescos online im totaly .....

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
omg i smoke i like my wood knife like to have fires in woods and make camps cant seem so wear anything but green and i enjoy shooting .
oh dear i think the best idea is i lock myself in my room and just order from tescos online im totaly .....

Aiye, best that all humans climb into a pod plug into a virtual world - much easier to control.

Now where have I seen that?

neospoon.jpg

(Spoon pinched from the Spoonylicious! article - :))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE