new sheath for J.Neilson BUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I got one of J. Neilsons BUK's a while ago and was mighty impressed with the wee cutter but i did have one issue with it - the sheath.

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00142-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong i really appreciate what J has done with these, by making a small and simple no frills package he is not only producing an excellent little tool but he's letting knife enthusiasts buy a proper custom knife by a top maker for very little money so I'm 100% behind the concept.
BUT i don't like the belt loop on the standard kydex sheath that comes with the knife so i sent it over to Mojofilter and rather than modify the belt loop he decided to go one better and make a complete sheath.

DSC00143.jpg

I really wanted a horizontal carry option and Mojo has set this sheath up for use with a teklok so it can do vertical, horizontal or inverted carry.

DSC00145.jpg

It's also more compact than the original sheath so it makes for a very discrete carry.

He also made a second sheath, a little slip sheath, no loops just a very slim profile for tucking in a pocket or pack.

DSC00146.jpg

It's the first time i have seen any of Mojo's work up close and I'm very impressed, the fit and finish are 100% but equally importantly the design is very well thought out.

DSC00147.jpg

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Great combination.

Mojo's work looks spot on:cool: Plenty of carry options there.

The Neilsons looks to be a great little cutter. You do like your green canvas micarta don't you RB:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE