New Project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As those wko have seen that I am having a "Sale" of my leather pouches will have noted, I am having the clear out to give me room for a new project - leather belt pouches!
I have made a couple before but I am now looking at making some in recycled leather.
Here are a couple of photos of the "prototype".
It is made from two layers of leather glued together to make it thick enough and is double thonged with leather thongs I cut myself, plus an antler "button".
Comments would be welcome.
The knife is just for a sense of scale.
Aug11801.jpg
Aug11800.jpg
Aug11799.jpg

The second model is already done, in paler leather without the tassles.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Very nice work John, maybe I'll get to see a couple at the S.Wales meet if you bring them.
I also think they would be nice with darker thonging.
:35:

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Q. What have John's leather belt pouches and Kellogs frosties both got in common?
A. Thererrrrrr GGGrrrrrreatttttt!
I got an old one of them off you John at the Spring Moot, its well loved, well cherished and well used. Nice one buddy.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi John,

very nice as usual, i'm looking forward to see them in the flesh so to speak. Is this the South Wales meet on 14th - 16th Sept? I'll bring some things to trade in that case, got anything specific in mind?

Just out of interest, were do you get your re-cycled leather? I seem to remember you frequent the charity shops. The one's around here seem to charge the earth for leather jackets and the like, seems we must have more disposable income!:rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi John,

very nice as usual, i'm looking forward to see them in the flesh so to speak. Is this the South Wales meet on 14th - 16th Sept? I'll bring some things to trade in that case, got anything specific in mind?

Yes, Its still on for the14-16th Sept.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have my sources!
I mainly use leather items put aside for me as too ratty to sell ....there are still some good bits in them (it is mainly the stiching that goes or inkspills in pockets) but I can normally only get small bits, so I make a lot more small pouches than big ones!
Occassionally I buy the more expensive items to get bigger size cuts for bigger pouches, such as the belt pouches and size 5 pouches which is why the prices are so high.....better (finer) quality leathers are the most expensive but make better pouches.
The labour is charged below min wage as I do this for fun - not as a main job. I enjoy sewning and generally making things.
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE