New Personal Best..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I had a couple of nights on the river bank last week pike fishing. About half an hour after dark on Tuesday I had a run on the downstream rod, after a brief fight I netted the fish. I didn't think it was very big until I tried to lift the net from the water. After unhooking the fish I slipped it into my weigh sling then hung it on my scales. The needle went round twice and settled on 20lb 8oz (9.3kg). A new personal best :Crazy_071

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Cheers Leon. I've been chasing a 20 for 5 years now. I've had hundreds around the 15 lb mark but until now I just couldn't get the one I wanted.
One happy pike fisherman here :eek:):
No Tom I put her back, she was heavy with roe!

M

mike the pike

Nice one Martin, as you can tell from my forum name i'm into piking, however like yourself i had to wait about 5 years before i broke the magic " 20lb " barrier and it's worth noting that the people who get a twenty within months of trying are often the people who then lose interest just as quickly. Most of my piking is on the Thames and i reckon i caught around 500-700 pike before i caught a twenty! So ignore the people who say they get lots of twenties every season and aim for a 25lb fish (just remember it could take you another 5 years!) Tight Lines Mike The Pike

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
mike the pike said:
Nice one Martin, as you can tell from my forum name i'm into piking, Mike The Pike
Did you know that Michael Howard's real family name was Hecht, which apparently translates as pike? so there is another Mike the Pike and arguably more predatory :yikes:
That aside, I love fishing and have always wanted to go piking but where I live there is not the option, so I envy and applaud. Well done mate!

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Cheers Mike.
I had an idea you were into piking :eek:):
Whats your personal best?
Have you tried using Aniseed Oil as an additive on dead baits? Its an aboslute killer if you mix it with chopped up fish in a block end feeder

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE