New here but been in the woods most of my life....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 21, 2024
West Virginia
I'm from West Virginia. I have had an interest in bushcraft since 2018 when I was doing such fun activities such as discrete camping and heard bushcraft being referenced a lot on the internet.

A lot of the kit I use for outdoors activities such as hiking, cycling, camping, etc. was sourced from the UK. It used to have a very favourable exchange rate and imports used to not be taxed here. So I have a lot of NSN '99' items, BCB, Marauder, Highlander, and the usual EU/US stuff. With a shared language and common items I decided to pick this forum. I think in my country such things seems to fall under survivalist which is a bit extreme for myself. YMMV.

I've hunted in my youth and shot some guns. I've spent a lot of time in the woods hiking, wondering around, and living there months on end even. I'm wanting to get into fishing and other general outdoors type activities. Using a minimal amount of kit seems like an interesting concept too. My other hobby includes collecting torches.

Reactions: Chris
Apr 21, 2024
West Virginia
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

There are a few on here that take medication for the torch addiction - I'm sure you'll have many 'confession' conversations :)
I think just keep buying them until you have everything you ever wanted. Really though 10 different ones are about all anyone needs. I really can't go out to a shop that stocks a bunch of different models to try out nowadays since Cabelas doesn't have quite the selection that it used to so I order ones from the internet and some work and some don't. It doesn't help that every review tells you how great a light is. One I wanted from long ago from Fliklite says it is bright when in reality it is as dim as can be.

Now that I have a collection I find myself biking and hiking more at night to play with some of the lights.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I'm from West Virginia. I have had an interest in bushcraft since 2018 when I was doing such fun activities such as discrete camping and heard bushcraft being referenced a lot on the internet.

A lot of the kit I use for outdoors activities such as hiking, cycling, camping, etc. was sourced from the UK. It used to have a very favourable exchange rate and imports used to not be taxed here. So I have a lot of NSN '99' items, BCB, Marauder, Highlander, and the usual EU/US stuff. With a shared language and common items I decided to pick this forum. I think in my country such things seems to fall under survivalist which is a bit extreme for myself. YMMV.

I've hunted in my youth and shot some guns. I've spent a lot of time in the woods hiking, wondering around, and living there months on end even. I'm wanting to get into fishing and other general outdoors type activities. Using a minimal amount of kit seems like an interesting concept too. My other hobby includes collecting torches.
hello and welcome x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE