new folder - amazing service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I fancied a new folder, so i set about looking at reviews and things. After some humming and aarghing, i decided to get the "rittergrip" - aka rsk 1 - aka Benchmade 552 Griptillian. I placed the order with Aeromedix, in Jackson Hole Wyoming on Tuesday Night. The following morning, the tracking number came from Fedex, and by late wednesday it had arrived at Stansted. By lunchtime today (Thursday), i was the proud owner of a Rittergrip. :D

Frankly, i amazed at ordering something from mid - America, and it arriving after a day and a half, after travelling thousands of miles across the states, then across the atlantic. Why can't things be that good over here ?

p.s. the knifes rather good too... :D .

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Tell me about it :rolleyes: It was paid up front so there are no surprises. My concern was that it might get stopped at customs - similar knives have been classed as gravity knives, but the paperwork described it as a tool, and it made it okay. And when you convert from dollars to pounds it aint too bad really. The postage for the trangias we've just got from Tommy wasn't cheap, and they only had to go a fraction of the distance !!

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
innocent bystander said:
Tell me about it :rolleyes: It was paid up front so there are no surprises. My concern was that it might get stopped at customs - similar knives have been classed as gravity knives, but the paperwork described it as a tool, and it made it okay. And when you convert from dollars to pounds it aint too bad really. The postage for the trangias we've just got from Tommy wasn't cheap, and they only had to go a fraction of the distance !!

I think Fedex also send you a bill for their handling/clearance a week or two after you get the package. Mine was nicked by customs for being a gravity knife but I opted for a cheaper option (Global Priority) so going with Fedex is probably wise.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I've been told Aeromedix has been shipping the knives overseas with the tension screws tightened to effectively defeat the one handed 'flick' opening. The problem is you have to get the proprietory torx screwdrivers. They are inexpensive enough, @ $15 USD, but I've about given up getting a set forTony. My RSK has held up well. The S30V has a reputation for toughness and being hard to sharpen. Well, somebody decided to use mine to open a condensed milk can when they couldn't sort out my P38. I got it back with minor chips near the point and a few passes brought things back. There is a recommended oil, militec which is used on firearms here. It's very good, but I've found any high quality oil that doesn't attract fuzzballs or gums up like wd40 is fine.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Hi Chris, the paperwork with the knife stated that the torx scew had been tightened for that purpose. And you know the best bit - they give you an "allen" torx key to adjust it !! :cool: So i have adjusted it to open easy with the thumb studs. I'm not sure i like the wrist flick method...

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
The wristflick opening is one of those silly tricks of would be James Deans, steely eyed western gunslingers twirling single actions and Zippo lighters flicked and lit. It looks cool and has utterly nothing to do with the tools purpose. One of the criteria for the RSK series was onehanded opening in case of injury. I seem to have knife safety down except for opening and sharpening the things :eek:

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
To be honest i don't think it even looks that cool really (wrist flicking that is). Got to add wear and tear unnecessarily.... And anyway they put thumb studs on there for something :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE