New Delivery from Amazon: - The Science and art of Tracking, Tom Brown Jr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I got two of Tom Browns books at the Gathering. 'Grandfather' and this one.
I decided to read Grandfather first, nearly finished now so soon I'll be looking at this one soon.

It looks good

Cheers

Mark

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I've just been on Amazon (thus extending my lunchbreak and hoping nobody notices...) and have just ordered: The Vision, The Tracker, The Way of the Scout & Tom Brown's Field Guide to Living with the Earth. That should keep my commuting train journeys interesting for the next coupl of weeks!

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I have read both the Tracker and the way of the Scout both really good :biggthump . I have just ordered the art and science or tracking and his nature observation books. (while the boss is away :wink: )

James

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I think that the first book order was placed through pressing the button on here Tone (and this included a pre-order of the new Ray Mears one as well), but I'm sorry to say that I forgot to do this yesterday... :cry:

The "Art and Science" is fascinating, and it seems to be going in a direction and putting an emphasis that is quite different from what I remember of the Woodlore tracking course.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
:biggthump

There really does seem like a multitude of ways to approach the tracking, which is good as some will suit people more than others. I'm glad it's a good book, I need to get a few on tracking :eek:):

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Sure did Tone.

I got Tom Brown's Nature Observation and Awarness book just as the taxi for the Airport pulled up on the 16th and read it three times while on holidays. Even my wife read the first half on nature observation and awareness, the second part of the book covers some of the basics in tracking which has helped me to fill in some the gaps in the my notes from the course in June.

It really has opened our eyes to the what we have missed every house planet is a Jungle when viewed from an Ants point of veiw.

Excellent :biggthump

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE