New Book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
Paperback 240 pages (October 11, 2004)
Publisher: Coronet
ISBN: 0340825162

Book Description
This is the bestselling compendium of survival skills and wisdom from around the world. Containing step-by-step guides, inspiring accounts of Ray’s own experiences and his philosophy behind bushcraft, this is a book to be treasured by wilderness travellers and armchair explorers everywhere. Illustrated with over 250 colour photographs and line drawings, this is THE definitive book on wilderness survival

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...08/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_11_10/202-2972746-2011865

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
well going by the IBSN no it is not:

bushcraft,
outdoor survival handbook,
or survival handbook!

sounds like it's a mixture of the lot though!

prehaps worth looking into before buying! :shock:

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
looking at the pic, I wonder whether it's just a revised version of the big Bushcraft book. It does mention bestselling on the blurb which suggests it's already been on sale

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
is it? :shock:

i've seen essential bushcraft in paperback, haven't seen the full version in paperback.

cheers, and.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hmmm...the isbn is different but the pages are exactly the same: 240.

I misspoke in the last thread. I bought the Outdoor Survival Handbook twice. Same book, two different isbn numbers. :shock: Looks like a UK version and a US version, with different publishers, Random House in the UK and St. Martin's Griffin in the US. The second time I bought it, I thought it was his first book but it's not.

But yes, I also have the paperback version of the Bushcraft book as well. Hmmm...I just noticed also that both of these books have 240 pages. Must be a magical number, some kind of mystical aboriginal bushcrafty number that is pregnant with hidden meanings... :-D Or not...

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Hoodoo's right - it wouldnt be the first time his books have been re-released with a new title and cover but the same contents.

And I bet a lot of people have been caught out too how many people bought both The complete outdoor handbook and then also bought outdoor survival handbook?

Good money spinner for the publishers and author though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE