Neck knife suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
The Mora classic is a cracking small knife if you don't want to spend a fortune, pimp it by getting a sheath from Leon at Greencraft and your in business.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Now that is gorgeous but I have a feeling it wont fit into the "affordable" part of the description lol

No probably not, on his website there is no indication of how much he might charge for something like this, however it is a nice pic and maybe will give you some ideas if you ever try your hand at making your own. :)

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Cheers for all the suggestions!- looking at a max of around £25 i'd say :) the becker necker is nice but just seems really expensive for what it is....or maybe im just tight lol

Frederick89

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2010
Modena, Italy
http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php?cid=267&ssel=157#

I'll add that those fiber sheaths are sewed like if they were leather
mora-classic-original-stitching.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Was thinking more along the kit knife lines.
Would a folder be any good like a svord in a sheath on a neck dangler.

Get a Mora Clipper and use the Clipper sheath ( im probably the only person on the planet that actually likes the plastic sheath )

you can use a bit of para cord to neck carry as its very light ( ala Mors )

or use the well designed Clip on the Clipper and Clip it to things ..on a belt its not very good but inside/ outside a pocket top or map or even shirt breast pocket clips into MOLLE / PALS or on a nail/Screw in a work shop or when out a small tree branch

heres my Orange one in my Fav camp user position clipped to the breast pocket of my Desert Shirt
its usually carried in my Bergan side pouch then clipped where ever is best for the jobs its going to do

DSC00142.jpg

other than that the best necker in the world is ....... IMHO of course ;)

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58209

ATB

Duncan

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
just have to make sure of how its held so if you trip you dont get teh Tang thro the bottom of your jaw ;)
Or worse in the throat.
I now carry mine so it fits under my arm fixed top and bottom. Stops it swinging in the way when doing things.

Anyway is that a pink shirt your wearing there Duncan.

What would be good is if someone could design a friction folder without a long tang.

Last edited:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
this might be a little over budget....

6380.jpg

:lmao:

but otherwise plus one on the mora.

25 quid will just about get you a classic in laminated steel, or two of most of the others! bargain!

cheers, and.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE