Near perfect lid for Crusader cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I spent a long time trying to find a really good lid for the crusader cup. I bought 2 handmade ones from someone I believe is on this forum and sells on eBay for around £10. His ones are very good but like most lids that people make themselves, the lip of the lid goes around the outside of the cup. When heating with Hexamine I found the fumes would get under the lid and everything would taste toxic as a result. Most lids for pots etc, that are factory made tends to have the lip on the inside of the pot. So by complete accident, whilst trying to find a lid to fit my Dutch army mug, I bought a Pathfinder (non snap) lid from Heinnie Haynes for around £6, it didn't fit my Dutch mug. However it nearly fits the crusader perfectly. And the lip is on the inside. This evening I had a tea, made using the lid and Hexamine, and bingo, no nasty Hexamine taste. The search for a lid for the Dutch mug continues.
d24c09a5e34efc9a6fedf14aaa158efd.jpg

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Bit of heavy aluminium foil can do a similar job, usually find it on pies from the chip shop :)

+ 1 This is what i did, i used 3 foil pie tin bases, for a lid for my coffee cup.

I bashed three together, to make a thicker lid, keeps my coffee hotter longer.

Last edited:

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
That's nice although cannot find that lid on Heinnies?

Anyone have you a link for it?

I'v already got a couple of the pathfinder snap on lids. They fit some old French mugs I have.

Cheers

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
Thanks for that.

I search for everything I could think of. Pathfinder, cooking, cp etc etc.

I must have been a complete dullard ;)

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE