National Parks Bill £50m pa Opera House Bill £50m pa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I was talking with a friend last night who is involved in land management and discussing the fact the Peak District National Park has had it's budget cut bu nearly 30%. He pointed out that all of the UKs National Parks put together are subsidised to the tune of £50m per year, almost exactly the same as the annual subsidy to the Royal Opera House.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think investment should be in direct proportion to the number of people who use or want a facility. Now that might mean more video arcades than national parks, but if that is what the tax payer wants......

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
but which also wastes least of tax payers money and does its best to keep it as a private haunt of a select few :pokenest:

Not sure which one you are referring to as kept for the select few but the Peak National Park is the second most visited park in the world at 22 million day visits a year, not sure what visitor numbers on the Opera house are.

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
That has to be one of the most interesting statistics I've heard lately,
Interestingly visitors to the peak district spend less per head than nearly anyother National park. I couldn't figure that out until I realized that most visitorswill probably go for the day and take sandwiches because it's so close to them with Liverpool, manchester Leeds Sheffield Nottingham, Birmingham Derby Stoke on Trent all within an hours drive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE