My new sewing machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No photos yet (my camera is charging ... takes a while...) but I have just bought a Toyota "Super Jeans" sewing machine.
£139.00 got me this brand new machine that has 12 stitch patterns (mostly useless for my needs) and only 2 stitch length choices ... but that finickity stuff I have my Husquavana Rose for ... this baby is about POWER!
I have tried it out on a couple of scraps of canvas - 12 FULL THICKNESSES OF 12OZ CANVAS WITH NO EFFORT!
Upholstery leather - 3 good thicknesses on a slightly adjusted tension setting with no effort at all
TWO THICKNESSES OF 2.2MM THICK VEG TAN LEATHER ON STANDARD TENSION!
I was just playing, using ordinary polyester thread and a Denim (16) needle as supplied....
I am going to have fun with this puppy! :)

Nice, have fun playing!
Makes my Eastern Bloc leviathan look very retro (it can do the Kestle Run in 12 parsecs though!).
6a13c87942ecb438f325b70f76971cbc.jpg

Handcrafted bags and kit upcycled from leather, canvas and even rubber at http://www.ragsto.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE