Hot off the sewing machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Made from two Polish ponchos I bought at the Moot last year - my new Gilet!
I made the pattern myself to fit my strange shape , with the pockets I want and no excess detailing and used my new Toyota Super Jeans sewing machine as the fabric is so strong and tough.
P5180003.jpg
P5180004.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Great work John goodjob

Here's the pics orientated right way up :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5180004.jpg
    P5180004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 137
  • P5180003.jpg
    P5180003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 138

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
How do you do that - I have tried and failed!

Quite simply I saved the pictures to my PC then using MSPaint, reorientated them and uploaded it back onto the forum.

It might pay for you to run your pics through Paint to reset the orientation before uploading them as a possible solution.

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Looking good John! I know who to ask when I need my socks fixing😜
All joking aside thats some awesome sewing work, might call on your handywork to make the skin for my canoe when I have built the frame 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Quite simply I saved the pictures to my PC then using MSPaint, reorientated them and uploaded it back onto the forum.

It might pay for you to run your pics through Paint to reset the orientation before uploading them as a possible solution.

Ahah!
Paste a portrait shot to Paint then upload ...back to the file it came from...
gilet.jpg
OK!
I now have 2 photos that both look the same in the file, all I did was briefly paste one to Paint - no actions taken - but the original posts on it's side, the one that I have done nothing to, in order to reorientate it, prints in the way it was taken...
Do you wonder why I call this machine "A Confuser"!?
By the way - I forgot to say that both the front yokes and the back yokes of the Gilet are in double fabric for extra wear (and rain) resistance.
I have been toying with the idea of making a separate yoke with sleeves and a hood to wear over or under it in rainy conditions....
I still have 2 ponchos (rain drop camo) to play with...

Last edited:

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
John. That looks really good, I think I will probably have a go at something clothing related, once I run out of bag ideas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE