My First Knife and Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I went on the Bison Bushcraft woodcraftsman course last month. I'd always camped with a folder, but they said I needed a 'proper' knife, so based on what I read here and over on BB, I made my own and then made a sheath. I'm well chuffed with it and number 2 is on the way. This may prove addictive!
The blade steel and golden lacewood for the handle were bought from English Rose. I got someone from BB to do the HT for me by post. I ground the bevels by hand with a file then a series of whetstones.
Here it is.
590526688_cf89077b5c.jpg

590534712_5743850f21.jpg

590515100_25df4d1d10.jpg

M

mikehill

Great job mate. :) The liners look quite thick, where did you get them from and how thick are they ? All my VF is 0.8mm I think.
Mike.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Great job mate. :) The liners look quite thick, where did you get them from and how thick are they ? All my VF is 0.8mm I think.
Mike.

It's off ebay, like the other parts and I think it's about 1mm. You may be seeing a bit of glue adding thickness :eek:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Thanks everyone. It has to be said that without this site, Rapid Boys and British Red's tutorials (and a bit of BB) I wouldn't have known where to start.
:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE