my first canoe trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
No real great adventure here, just a few pictures of the first canoe trip we took down the River Wye last September. Pictures courtesy of SWMBO, paddle power by me.

IMG_4055.jpg
That's me that is!

IMG_4291.jpg
And our friends who joined us

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg
the locals seem friendly

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg
A little bit spooky, but great atmosphere.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
That's ace!!! I am going on my first canoe trip soon, on the wye, it look's really nice.
Where abouts were you?
Also what camera did you take? Swmbo wont let me take her digi cam :-(

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Thanks guys. we did Hoarwithy to Symonds Yat with an overnight in Ross on Wye. We stayed at the THE RIVERSIDE INN. Food was ok, accommodation is basic. We saw loads of kingfishers, herons etc. The best bit was from Ross on Wye down to Symonds Yat.

We took my Canon Eos 450. Always had a water proof bag at hand to slip it in if we were getting on and off the water. Looking to go again either September or in the spring. Just not sure where to go. Something in the south of England would be good. Not too far to travel. Any suggestions?

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
Wishing you many more - it's a great way to travel!

If you google 'canoe days out' it should point you to a site with loads of suggestions for day trips etc.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey Mistwalker PM me with your email and I'll pop it over. Just don't tell SWMBO, she is quite precious about her pictures. We might be entering some for the Country File calendar this year. Best let me know what format and size you need. Not that PC savvi as I'm a Maccer and not sure what would be best to send.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE