MTP PCS Goretex jacket. Any opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Was looking at one yesterday and the material is very light but almost like crisp packet material compared tom the old DPM MVP.

anyone got one of these and been out in a downpour?

I think it is meant to worn under a smock if in cold weather.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
That sounds like the mk2 one, no hood ? The mk1 MTP one has a hood and is much thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Is that the lightweight version ? There is a heavyweight version waterproof and then the MVP smock ?

I tried an MVP lined smock recently, found it much to hot

My son uses the heavier jacket for cadets and has a pair of the lighter trousers ( but don’t think he has ever used them). The heavier jacket can be used with a decent base layer and provides decent protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
i've used the super lightweight mtp waterproof (the one with no hood, and just arm pockets) a lot in anger, and found it fantastic. Incredibly lightweight, breathable, and packable. Rumour has it that the fabric is gore paclite (expensive), but it can't be labled as such for trademark/commercial reasons. Obviously not as tough (and likely, long lasting) as the heavyweight MTP goretex, but more comfortable to wear.

Reactions: adriatikfan

Statts

Nov 9, 2016
Tynemouth
www.forested.org.uk
I've got both styles. The lightweight one is used as a cycling waterproof and under a Fjallraven jacket when it's tipping down on a walk. The heavier one with the hood is very sturdy and good for working in woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE