More Sky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
A Pic I took a while ago but was reminded of by the sunset photos (will have to dig out some of them too!;))

imag0001fm4.jpg

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
That's a cracking bit of sky.

Just waiting for the right bit of landscape to drop it into. ;)

I collect good sky shots so that I can repair shots where the real sky has burned out.

If done sympathetically it's a very useful technique.

Cool! - to be honest I can't be bothered with editing photos bar the odd crop. I like to keep things simple and try to get it right when i press the shutter than mess about later.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against digital editing far from it i'm just to lazy to bother doing / learning it rather than some puristic attitude:eek:

I think I enjoy the actual process of taking the pic more than the pic itself if that makes sense....

Anyways Wayland, please feel free to use it (as long as you send me a copy of your final masterpiece ;))

Wayland

Hárbarðr
No mate, that wasn't what I was saying.

I wouldn't use someone else's shot, that wouldn't seem right.

I was suggesting it was the sort of thing you could do.

If you have a shot with a burned out sky. drop that shot in as a layer, blend it with the darken mode and then just mask out any areas that don't look right.

It's usually a five minute job.

If you post up a shot that needs a better sky I could show you.

For best results it should be a shot lit from the same sort of direction.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
No mate, that wasn't what I was saying.

I wouldn't use someone else's shot, that wouldn't seem right.

I was suggesting it was the sort of thing you could do.

If you have a shot with a burned out sky. drop that shot in as a layer, blend it with the darken mode and then just mask out any areas that don't look right.

It's usually a five minute job.

If you post up a shot that needs a better sky I could show you.

For best results it should be a shot lit from the same sort of direction.

Thats ok mate - I diddn't see it as you were looking to use it at all - I just thought i'd offer :) I would be interested to see the process in action though so perhaps some day we can get together ;)
:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE