More airgun laws

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
the idea is ok but sales of new ones will go down but how many thousands if not millions are already in use and how would the government go about locating them wen they dont kno their a*** from their elbows half the time? LAW ABIDING owners would happily register them but as usual its not these owners that bring bad publicity to the sport.

tom

ok, stepped down off me soap box now

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Someone mentioned possible compensation for old air weapons. yeah, right... Shall we mention Brocock???

I could see this coming when someone mentioned a while ago about a 'voluntary' airgun registration system. Well, voluntary means that it will soon be compulsory, and once they know how many airguns thee are and who has them, then they can ban them/license them etc etc, which they can't do very well now as there are millions in circulation.

This law will also effect airsoft guns. The same bill is trying to ban all replicas which includes airsoft guns tto. Now, think what you might about them and the 'games' they are used for, but the legal enthusiast is paying a lot of money for his harmless hobby (which if you try it is actually good fun!!) as are re enactors which with the advent of The History Channel, The War Channel etc is big business. All this will stop. Films would have to be made elsewhere as a lot of them use replicas (well, Airsoft actually nowadays) which would be illegal. and even though these are 'proposals' it will happen.

Right, I'm off before I get spanked for having a political whine again... ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, this is getting too political and it's an emotional subject which makes it very hard to not get heated.

I have feelings on this as well, but it's not the right place to voice them. making derogatory comments about the government etc is not the way to go and it's not the way to influence decision makers, it just causes problems.

I was going to leave it open as I've had to close a few threads over the last week, but it's not going to get any better so I'll close it. I would suggest that you all contact your local MP and let them know how you feel. Many of them are email-able and a well thought out and constructed letter can go a long way to let them know how you feel. I'd be interested to read any replies you recieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE