monowalker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
that's quite cool

viewThumb.jsp

Women carrying/pulling weight is quite, ahem... sexy, don't you think?

Hamalainen1

Feb 24, 2015
Hameenlinna
Harness is army equipment from Germany and USA. Plywood and iron from Finland. Wheel from China. Tyres from Europe. Assembly and idea from Finland. I carried the backpack 25 years. Then I started thinking why i carry this heavy backpack. Can i do it easier. And end of story is Erakarry=hiking trailer:)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Good work!
I met a runner with something similar at the amazing Forestry Commission campsite near Kinloch Rannoch (£7 a night for a tent incl occupants, wooden loos/showers, cold water only, midge machines, contained real fires allowed) he had built his so it very quickly converted into his tent frame too. Interestingly, he pushed his "cart" in front of him...

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I reckon for myself i'd be better off converting one of these to be useful by removing the seat and having a proper rubber rolltop drybag in it's place so anytime i need it i can lean on it and take my weight off my back too, it's even got a foot activated braking system :lmao:

ii_9420_1332502972483.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I reckon for myself i'd be better off converting one of these to be useful by removing the seat and having a proper rubber rolltop drybag in it's place so anytime i need it i can lean on it and take my weight off my back too, it's even got a foot activated braking system :lmao:

ii_9420_1332502972483.jpg

That's not such a silly idea at all. Got me thinking now...

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I know i joke around a lot but i was serious there, like mrcharly said i also have major back issues which has me regularly toying with the idea of how to carry as little weight as possible, on tougher terrain you could easily drag it rather than push it just like you do to get them up a flight of stairs with a kid inside (except with your kit bag you wouldn't have to be as careful). I bet without the chair the wheels and are frame are really lightweight

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just thought if you fitted a rucksack like the bigger bergans in there with the shoulder straps facing outwards and velcro strapped the whole thing to the frame you could put the whole thing on your back when it got too hard to drag, well as long as you hadn't stuck 50 kilo of kit in it

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
That does look pretty nifty to be fair.........might make a dog sized one, that should slow him down :D

Do you use it as a chair?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these to make my hiking adventures a lot less heavy on my back, i reckon it will be perfect for the job, all your kit could be inside protected from the elements and you even have a hand activated brake, no modifications needed at all

$_57.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE