modified my S1 handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shizuku

Oct 2, 2005
Assen, The Netherlands
Hello,

This is my first post here (i think) and i want to share with you my modified Fallkniven S1.
Using my S1 for a while now, i was satisfied with it, but the handle could have some improvement to fit my bigger hands even better. So i did a cord wrap diamond style and impregnated it with expoy resin. I also modified the original sheath as i didn't like the low dangler type.

On this Belgian forum (in Dutch) the complete series of pictures can be seen.

Edit: corrected the link for it was not directing to the right page

Enjoy,

Ernst

S1_zijkant_rs_edited.jpg

Reactions: beachlover

shizuku

Oct 2, 2005
Assen, The Netherlands
As you might have seen at the pictures on the belgian forum the wrapping of the handle consists of three layers.
The first layer was done with white bandage (4cm wide), wrapped diagonally to get a fluent shape of the handle. When this wrapping was done, i fixed the end with some super glue and impregnated the bandage with epoxy resin and let it to dry.
The next day, when the resin had dried, i sanded the handle to get it into the right shaped i wanted. When this was done, the second layer was wrapped with red, thin cotton thread, 0.7 mm in diameter. Then this layer was also impregnated with resin.
When this second layer was dry, the third and most difficult wrap was done. As i started this whole modification i opted for the macwak wrap, which can also be seen on the belgian forum a few posts later. But because of the shape of the handle i had now, this wrap couldn't stand because of the curves of the handle. So i had to choose another wrap: the diamond wrap. The material i used for the diamond wrap was a flat, polyester ribbon with no stretch at all. In the process of wrapping i fixated the ribbon often with a little super glue. And after that it was resin time again and at last there you have it: a modified S1 with an extremely good grip and besides that the knife has a sort of balanced look now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE