Modified my pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I do love my Alder Stream canvas pack but sometimes I wish I had a bit more space. I had to stay at home today to wait for a parcel so I did a bit of modification. I added some loops to the lid so I could strap extra gear to it and made a couple of straps too.

2007_0907Image0002.jpg

2007_0907Image0003.jpg

2007_0907Image0004.jpg

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Great looking pack. Where did you get it from? I really like the idea for the straps :D

I got it from http://alderstream.wcha.org/ . A nice lady to deal with, it's the No Name pack (now called the deluxe version). She will do custom additions, so if you were thinking of getting one she could probably put the bits on for you. I think mine ended up costing about £90 with shipping (I think I dodged the duty on this one). Not bad for a handmade pack when you'd pay that for a mass produced offering from one of the big name manufacturers.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Well thats one to go on the xmas list then :)

Whats the waterproofness like? Have you proofed it with anything?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Well thats one to go on the xmas list then :)

Whats the waterproofness like? Have you proofed it with anything?
It's not waterproofed with anything. It's pretty showerproof and I usually have a drybag inside anyway. I wouldn't use it as my pack of choice if I was expecting persistent heavy rain but as a spring/summer/autumn weekender pack it's my favourite. The idea behind the straps was so I could stick my sleeping bag inside my bivi bag and roll the whole lot up bedroll style and strap it outside my pack, leaving more room inside for extra clothing for those nippy autumn and spring mornings and evenings.
They'll also hold my traditional canvas bedroll when I finally get round to making it.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I really like the 'traditional' look of it, Might try and make something similar if i can find a supplier of heavy duty cotton. I have plenty leather to make the straps etc, mmm you've got me thinking now lol.....there's not gonna be enough hours in the day for all the projects i've got planned for the winter lol :rolleyes:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I really like the 'traditional' look of it, Might try and make something similar if i can find a supplier of heavy duty cotton. I have plenty leather to make the straps etc, mmm you've got me thinking now lol.....there's not gonna be enough hours in the day for all the projects i've got planned for the winter lol :rolleyes:
I think Point North do canvas, try a google search.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE