Missed out on Rays Survival handbook again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I am still gobsmacked that this attracts the kind of prices we see here.

Nevertheless, I believe it's his best book, especially for UK bushcrafting.

I hope that someone picks it up for reprint at some point so everyone can afford a copy.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've had a copy of that for years on end, not sure if its the 'valuable' one or the slightly later re-print that has exactly the same information in it and to be honest I couldn't care less as its only valuable cash wise if I was selling it and I'm not selling it.
Anyway, its a good interesting book but if I didn't have it already I personally wouldn't spend silly amounts of money on it.

There's some Australian 'Bush' craft books by Ron Edwards that I would rate as better for showing little techniques and handcrafts used by Australian stockmen as they often live in the middle of nowhere with very little access to bought in goods so had to improvise a lot.
I'm kind of surprised that very few people seem to have cottoned onto them.

Link to them HERE and a thread with a bit of a review (ish) HERE

Last edited:

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I have a copy that came from the SAS library in Hereford, 1st edition too. Just don't ask what I paid! By far the most useful book he's written. Amazing it's out of print really.

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
I've got one you can have, i got it for a pound in a charity shop so i suppose its only fair if you buy it off me for the same amount.

Let me have your address and I'll send it over, you can put the pound in a charity box, and then you'll have both the book and the best how i got my copy of rays first book anecdote.

cheers mate,
Rob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got one you can have, i got it for a pound in a charity shop so i suppose its only fair if you buy it off me for the same amount.

Let me have your address and I'll send it over, you can put the pound in a charity box, and then you'll have both the book and the best how i got my copy of rays first book anecdote.

cheers mate,
Rob

No but seriously ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE