military oddessy kent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I went on the Saturday there were all sorts of wanna be special forces wandering about looking menacing I was a bit dissapointed with the military side of it. However the re enactment by Britania was most excellent and their camp was great there was all our- sort of things going on, leather work, spoon carving, cooking in big pots, all sorts of skills and practices. There was a guy flintnapping etc (sorry I forget his name :eek: ) he was the business he was very friendly and explained all he could to anyone that was interested and his tools looked great .
The trade stalls were good some prices were silly but there were some bargains to be had I got some tommy cookers and hexy fuel very cheap and on another I got two unused 58 pattern water bottles for a £1 each :) they only had light surface marks where they had rattled round the box. I did my usual thing saw things I liked but didnt get them then when I got home I wished I had.The food on sale was the usual Detling standard in my opinion far too expensive and nothing special :( All in all I think Detling needs a shake up I think this event could have been much better I went to the game fair ealy on in the year and found that wanting as well. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE