Midlands January 2010 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet dates: 15 - 16 - 17 January 2010 - 16:00hrs Friday evening to Sunday mid-afternoon.

We're booked, as per usual, onto pitch 11 (please refer to site map link below).

Location is Rough Close. This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey Scale map.

The price (per person per night) is still listed on the website is £4. The price is set to rise in 2010 (I assume on the first of January :confused: ) to £4.40 . Please bring some change - it makes my life easier if I don't have to bring kilos of coins to a Meet.

Important:

Please do not assume that you can drive down to the Wheatley (aka Guild) Field to drop kit off. Please walk down and check to see if anyone is using the cabin or field FIRST. The parking area by the Cabin is for the use of those using the Cabin and/or adjoining field - we get more ease of access with their agreement. Vehicles need to parked in the Campers Car Park next to the archery area.

Providing that it/they're dropped and left tidy, we have permission to go into an area* to harvest materials - natural shelters etc.

* It's a specific area that requires trimming on the basis of safety and site maintenance ~ and it (almost) backs onto pitch 11 .

All BcUK members are welcome at Meets - each member is responsible for themselves and their own actions. If you bring a non-member with you then you need to be willing to take responsibility for them (and their actions).

Please remember to respect other users of the site.

Any member who is under 18 must have a parent/legal guardian in attendance.

Meet list:

decorum

Copy and paste yada, yada ....

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

Be on your own
Lie on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over et.c
Whittle
Practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site can have strong opinions about that!
Practice flora and fauna i.d
So on and so forth ...

It's not a problem if you'd like to come along but aren't able to do both nights.

N.B.

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
decorum
Mesquite
Jdlenton
Cliv
Nolightweight
MartinK9
Twodogs
Firecrest - work allowing
Bodge + some
Sasquatch

Can't wait for this! I love winter camps, just a shame it's dark so early! Be a good one though no doubt...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
At the last meet there was talk of having a gourmet theme for the next meet.

Shall we go for it? I'm happy doing a chilli for folks. I won't make it too hot though Lindsey might disagree with that
smileys14.gif
:bigggrin:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
At the last meet there was talk of having a gourmet theme for the next meet.

Shall we go for it? I'm happy doing a chilli for folks. I won't make it too hot though Lindsey might disagree with that
smileys14.gif
:bigggrin:

About all I can bring to the table is some jalapeno corn bread, I noticed Hugh Fearnley did a batch on the last river cottage series, mine tends to rise a bit more than his but looks very similar. Tastes nice and sticks to the ribs in winter. Only problem is I don't own any dutch ovens or anything useful for cooking in volume! I'll see what I can rustle up if anybody fancys some...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
About all I can bring to the table is some jalapeno corn bread, I noticed Hugh Fearnley did a batch on the last river cottage series, mine tends to rise a bit more than his but looks very similar. Tastes nice and sticks to the ribs in winter. Only problem is I don't own any dutch ovens or anything useful for cooking in volume! I'll see what I can rustle up if anybody fancys some...

Sounds great. Bring along the ingredients, there'll be enough DO's to cook it on site ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Only problem is I don't own any dutch ovens or anything useful for cooking in volume! I'll see what I can rustle up if anybody fancys some...

I'll be bringing mine as well and can rustle up a stockpot or two as well. As for your own DO Chad, maybe a subtle hint or two to Santa might bring a suprise at Christmas
santa_smiley.gif

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Be rude not to :)

decorum
Mesquite
Jdlenton
Cliv
Nolightweight
MartinK9
Twodogs
Firecrest - work allowing
Bodge + some
Sasquatch
jimbo75 + Guest
Davey569
Addo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE