Midlands Easter Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
I'm not sure who would be interested in attending, but just having thoughts of people coming from the Midlands (and furthur a field) for an Easter Meet. I am not sure of the venue, I have e-mailed a preferred place (Outwoods, near me, really nice place http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/leisure/outwoodsinformation.html (P.S, ignore closing times, they no longer exist) in Loughborough, Leicestershire), but i'm not sure if they will say yes. So, venue still open for suggestions.

Thanks for your interest, hope you can make it.

Faith, Folk, Family
Nikolai

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sounds great. We (me, mrX, little msX, mrX jnr) would love to go to a small moot, and share skills with others. We have never done a moot, and to honest we are a bit shy cause we are new to bushcraft and our 'kit' looks it. But I am up for swapping a fungus/plants lesson for some firecraft. I am lousy firestarter.

Blessed Be ;)

Fiona

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
hi Nik

dont want to dampen your fire, but the outwoods you posted is run by the local council parks dept, and they would definitely not knowngly let you stay overnight in these woods, they are really popular especially early mornings by ramblers and joggers alike.

i would be interested in a local moot if we could find a quite location, will do some searching about, a mate of mine told me of a place out kegworth way, thats not far from you, i will give him a shout in the new year and see what he says!

;) Adam.

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
send me the details of what you want to do and I`ll have a word with the Outwoods warden, I`m a Ranger at Beacon Hill Country Park and also manage Jubilee Woods next to the Outwoods and know him well. If he says no, there might be others places I could get for you.

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
Fallow Way said:
send me the details of what you want to do and I`ll have a word with the Outwoods warden, I`m a Ranger at Beacon Hill Country Park and also manage Jubilee Woods next to the Outwoods and know him well. If he says no, there might be others places I could get for you.
That would be absolutly great! What kind of information do you need? It will most likely be arranged for sometime in the Easter Holiday weekend. PM me if you get any info.

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
Fallow Way said:
just let me know details of what you want to do (fires etc), what Health and Safety considerations will be in place, how many people/tents, when you want to do it, etc etc and i`ll go talk to him
I think there will most likely be fires, if not a little gas stove. As far as health and safety are concerned, just general precautions you take when you are in the woods. I'm not too sure how many people there will be, just have to wait and see who wants to come.Dates i am thuinking sometime between 30th March and 16th April, and I will just pick the best date that seems good for a majority of people, if not everyone. Really appreciate you doing this too!

S

sugs04

This seems to be nearish to me in shropshire, so I'd like to come if I can make it. This would be my first one though :eek:

Sugs

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
Wow this sounds brilliant, it looks pretty close to me. Alas I'm a bit of a beginner, it will be my first BCUK meet as well :eek: . I have been wonting to come to one ever since I joined the site but scotland or East Anglia is a bit far for me :rolleyes: so this looks perfect :D .

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
It will be my first aswell lol. I noticed that there wasn't anywhere for us Midlanders, so i thought i'd (try) and organize this. I am thinking a place in the Peak District near the 9 Ladies Stone Circle, so for any Pagans/Heathens, this would be an ideal meet. Xylaria is helping me organize, as she has contacts with people. Hang in there guys, i'm still looking for alternate places. As for dates, i am thinking about sometime in the Easter holiday, betweeen 30th marhc and 16th april.

Skal and Hail,
Nikolai

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nikolai said:
It will be my first aswell lol. I noticed that there wasn't anywhere for us Midlanders, so i thought i'd (try) and organize this. I am thinking a place in the Peak District near the 9 Ladies Stone Circle, so for any Pagans/Heathens, this would be an ideal meet. Xylaria is helping me organize, as she has contacts with people. Hang in there guys, i'm still looking for alternate places. As for dates, i am thinking about sometime in the Easter holiday, betweeen 30th marhc and 16th april.

Skal and Hail,
Nikolai

:red: I TOLD YOU THAT NINE LADIES STONE CIRCLE WAS ILLEGAL. THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT DO ILLEGAL. THIS WEBSITE ALSO DOES NOT DO RELIGION. :red:

Nine ladies is new age traveller site, that is getting recked by over use. Trust me it is not suitable for the perpose which you want you are better trying Drum hill scout camp derby, or asking the ludlow survivors if they know of site.

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
xylaria said:
:red: I TOLD YOU THAT NINE LADIES STONE CIRCLE WAS ILLEGAL. THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT DO ILLEGAL. THIS WEBSITE ALSO DOES NOT DO RELIGION. :red:

Nine ladies is new age traveller site, that is getting recked by over use. Trust me it is not suitable for the perpose which you want you are better trying Drum hill scout camp derby, or asking the ludlow survivors if they know of site.
Whoops! My bad, forgot. Sorry. I'll have a look at the Drum Hill camp at some point.

tecNik

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2006
Leicestershire, UK
deadfish.co.uk
Yes, a Midlands meet would be great! I would be very interested.

Dingo, where near Kegworth? There are some nice places near the river soar if you can put up with the sound of planes landing :)

BTW I'm at Ashby De-La-Zouch if that means anything to anyone.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
unfortunately my mate was talking through the bottom of his own pint glass, the area he suggested you would need ear defenders to sleep!

so i think we need to find a landowner with a good chunk of woodland, who is friendly toward our hobby/lifestyle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE