Meths burning stoves – A users review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Lurch - Email sent! I'll be giving the posty evils as you suggest for the next few days!

Simon
What a great review!

I agree the Tatonka is a stunning wee burner. The wee legged stand keeps it off the deck and lets the burner heat quicker too. I found the burn time particularly pleasing compared to a civvy Trangia. I really do like it a lot.

I may well want a "back up" when the new stock comes in Lurch (burner - I have a spare stand - long story - if stock is a long time coming you are welcome to my spare Simon)

Red

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
How did you get on with the stand in the end Simon?

Red

I too it out overnight with Wanderinstar, at his permission. As you said, it really does speed up the "prime" time by lifting it off the floor.

I am toying with bending the legs to accept my Crusader mug at the moment. Although it fits nicely into the "plate"section of a 16cm zebra, so may not bother.

Thanks again for sending it on!

Simon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No probs - cheap enough to get a second stand and hack it about so you have one for each purpose!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I bought the Vargo Triad at Wilderness Gathering from Backpacking light. I had looked at it previously but dismissed it due to the fiddly filling but using a Trangia fuel bottle(the one with the controllable spout) it's really easy. It does need to be used with a windshield though, I bought the gucci foldable thick foil from BPL too(shiny kit can't resist) I had it out with G'friends kid using boil in the bag food it cooked one meal at a time really easy but couldn't do 2 I think it was the lack of water in the container too. Brewing up with it is really easy though and quick, an additional benefit of meths is it's silent I'd seen comments on here about it previously but dismissed it until I realised that I didn't have a roar whilst cooking. For priming it, it was a cold morning, I filled the pan up as much as I could and that seemed to be okay. BTW I'm not connected with WG or BPL

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Just ordered the tatonka from Lurch on the basis of this review, quite looking forward to getting it.

That should despatch tomorrow for you mate, though Karen is packing (I'm typing from a tent at the Outdoors Trade Show) so Lord only knows what you'll receive!

Shouldn't mock, I sent a guy the wrong Karrimor SF bag a few weeks back. Bad enough but he was in Finland! £30 postage.......

That should despatch tomorrow for you mate, though Karen is packing (I'm typing from a tent at the Outdoors Trade Show) so Lord only knows what you'll receive!

Shouldn't mock, I sent a guy the wrong Karrimor SF bag a few weeks back. Bad enough but he was in Finland! £30 postage.......

Brilliant lurch, thanks very much, am hoping to give it a bash at the weekend..

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Based on other peoples positive comments I ordered one of these as well. The order arrived the day after - thankyou for the efficient service Lurch.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
That seems like a bargain Apac!
Check out the postage £5.95 ,Lurch is still cheaper and you get excellent service from Lurch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE