March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i,ve got loads, just dried,...

i'll bring them,..and some fresh,. for whoever wants them,..

greensurfingbear

what about your bad ankle though, would not want to make it worse after twisting it at work.......hhhhhhhhhhmmmm :)

bad ankle? had a metatarsal strain for a while from training a few weeks back.........but working my way to to running 5km again!! signed up foir River Rat race in Stockton in August too! why oh why.......I am by designed for walking not running!

LOL hopes its a good meet and I am expecting pics :)

Mike
!

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
dogs are cool with me (as long as they dont eat the lamb....lol), the owners wont mind at all im sure, people do walk dogs through there just so you know......

sounding great all ready, we there yet..... :)
my two wayward hounds are well aquainted with mikes farm. me, missus, kids, and dogs have been going to brockwell for the last year and a half! to the point that the eldest dog just wanders off and just returns to make sure i haven't abandoned him!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
bad ankle? had a metatarsal strain for a while from training a few weeks back.........but working my way to to running 5km again!! signed up foir River Rat race in Stockton in August too! why oh why.......I am by designed for walking not running!

LOL hopes its a good meet and I am expecting pics :)

Mike
!

best of luck with it mate, we will just see you another time...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
my two wayward hounds are well aquainted with mikes farm. me, missus, kids, and dogs have been going to brockwell for the last year and a half! to the point that the eldest dog just wanders off and just returns to make sure i haven't abandoned him!

thats good to know mate, its an awesome place too...

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
what hammock did you get mate?

A DD camping hammock. Still haven't got it actually, will be picking it up tomorrow if all goes to plan. Stupid post office, I shake my fist in it's general direction! I reckoned that the frontline was twice as dear purely cause of the mossie net so just went with the camping one. I'm sure it's grand. Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

a mankini????

hey man ,..theres no dress code so whatever floats your boat

HAHAHAHA! Man, you had me disturbing the neighbours there.

Lamb sounds freaking sweet! I'm salivating onto the keyboard right now, haven't had brekkie yet.

I think the forge should be a definite, as I have to make up for last time. I was just bashing, didn't realise I was supposed to be working towards something, haha. Then the final killer blow :( "Poor Auld Wonky" I call him now. It has a certain ring to it I think.

Having the dogs around should be interesting. If I was on the ground I might be worried I'd wake up smelling of wee. But sure that wouldn't be too abnormal I guess, ha.

I was wondering what does one do with their gear when sleeping in a hammock. I figured that during the day you would just leave it in the hammock, but what about at night? Just leave it under?

With regards to bringing stuff I don't feel like i have much to add to proceedings, perhaps I should just bring some booze?

Looking forward to it,

Mark

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
hahahah Mark!! you write really well,..i like it doooood! hahaha

ok,..the "storing your gear question"

run another line under your ridgeline and hang your "bits and bobs" on it,,,the stuff you need to hand all the time,...( i'll bring you some Karibiners)

and then the main pack can go on a tripod under your tarp so you can reach the rest without getting out,...

i left my NI pack on a branch last time and although w/prrof i never closed the flap,...so it just filled up,...

Note to self (camp 1st, homebrew 2nd, camp 1st, homebrew 2nd!!!) hahah

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I thought i,d better drag this to here as its been spammed to bits as expected,...hahah sorry

Attending:-

lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers under a pile of pine needles to hot eating raw bunny and slugs........
Merrygold85 - Mark - Hammock
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
Chambers - Richard - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Joely - Hammock
toilet digger - tarp & dog heaters
partickpebbles - hammock & tarp
mountainm - hammock & tarp

Possible's:-

d-day66

In Spirit / Solidarity:-

GordonM - Gordy - Fart Sack

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere

lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers under a pile of pine needles to hot eating raw bunny and slugs........
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Joely - Hammock
toilet digger - tarp & dog heaters
partickpebbles - hammock & tarp
mountainm - hammock & tarp

d-day66
al21

In Spirit / Solidarity:-

GordonM - Gordy - Fart Sack

Hi folks,

Just stuck my name down as a possible as I'm not 100% certain yet.

Will be tarp & hammocking it. Been a couple of months since I last had a night in the woods, hope I can make it.

Al

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
My want post for the meet:-

Chris, is there any chance I would be able to get that ammo box off you at the meet?
Stu, any chance you could borrow some more of those oil sample bottles from work for me?

I'll bring gifts in return

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool

lannyman8 - Chris - Probably in his boxers inder a pile of pine needles
Raikey - Stu - Hammock
resnikov
unorthadox
Minstrel

mountainm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE