Man of tanith and Dave Bromleys fifteen or less challenge (/hopefully pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now this sounds like fun!

I suppose my last time out in the wilderness was a taster of things to come, and I have gorgeous hammock from the gift it on thread, so yeah count me in on this foolhardy trek to the south pole adventure type thingy too.

Can I suggest between you both you compile a list of things that aren't counted in the 15 items?

Rucksack, sleeping bag, hobostove, knife, sunlounger, masseuse... y'know those basic essentials

So clothes count as the items eh? Should socks count as two or one?

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
nova and pinky - to confirm
decorum
Tank
Biker

following decorums post i have to agree on further thought it is very specific on what is taken in the two fifteen items as decourm mentions it could give an unfair advantage.
and as he mentioned if you need a fire box it is a freebie any other bits still count
this is getting interesting
tank two one nighters is fine with me i will probably have to do it this way too

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i fancy this,

i was planning a similar comp based around a 2 nighter with a response pack,...so maybe i,ll put 15 items in a response pak and join in ,...haha

yep!!

put me down Sam,....

Cheers

Stu

Rule 2 Biker standard clothes for a walk in cold for couple of hours free anything else count as items
Rucksack free but more points if you dont use one
Sunloungers defintaley count as an item

Decourm really two packs? wow

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
decorum
Tank
Biker

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Oh err we're making a list? Count me in!

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
decorum
Tank
Biker
Highbinder

If I get a chance I'll get out this Saturday to give it a shot. The hammock will be staying at home for this one.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Me too please!!!

can i play too??

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
decorum
Tank
Biker
Highbinder
Raikey

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Count me in lads, should be able to include the canoe/paddle/pdf plus 12 others at a stretch I reckon, saying that I think I had 115 items for the trip this week :)

Just to clarify, all food and water for two days count as one item, and that includes the bladders/containers ?

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
decorum
Tank
Biker
Highbinder
Raikey
Shewie

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
only seven?
do tell
i'm still debating what to take for mine

Just the usual suspects.

1- DD 3x3m tarp (tho' if the weather is clement, which from looking outside I have doubts about, I'll take my new shiny poncho tarp out)
2- Sleeping bag (either my buddy's arctic one or mine)
3- Roll mat
4- Ti mug
5- Knife (Liten Bror)
6- Firesteel (mischmetal, I've had better luck than the lightmyfire ones)
7- Torch. Still debating about this one. I think if I get there early enough I'll leave it in the car. If it's raining I may replace it with a pack of candles as they'll make getting a fire going easier as well as providing light.

Will dress just the same as I did today when I went to do my messages. Might make a grill depending what food I have, and I'll definately make a set of chopsticks as I've not included a spork :rolleyes: (and I can't carve a spoon to save myself).

Can only do one night this week tho', but the two month limit gives me plenty of time to prep for a proper two nighter

Last edited:
Count me in lads, should be able to include the canoe/paddle/pdf plus 12 others at a stretch I reckon, saying that I think I had 115 items for the trip this week :)

Just to clarify, all food and water for two days count as one item, and that includes the bladders/containers ?

man_of_tanith
Southey
Stuart F
CBJ
Woodcutter
Ahjno
decorum
Tank
Biker
Highbinder
Raikey
Shewie

yup food water and containers count as one
going well this
you guys have seen the erm quality of my leather sewing havent you?

Decorum that sounds a bit dodgy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE