Making mincemeat of a eucalyptus with a supersteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

packrat

Jan 30, 2013
London
Just got back in from the garden, where I used this Farid chopper in CPM-10V to strip a recently felled 25 metre eucalyptus of all its minor branches, and then cut them into lengths short enough for burning (not allowed large fires)... must have been hundreds of heavy cuts through 1-inch plus and it still slices paper... the steel is incredible.

The Lionsteel M7 (in Sleipner) is a recent acquisition, first time of using it tonight. It's very comfortable but its chopping power doesn't come close to the Farid, being so much lighter.

I have to confess that the fire was lit with newspaper and a weed burner, not a bow drill... oh the shame :)

lionsteelM7-farid-chopper.jpg

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Nice, is that farid the sorta thing they use in cutting comps?
I was watching a couple of vids the other week and it looks to be the same
what's the blade spec on it mate?

packrat

Jan 30, 2013
London
I don't think it's quite within cutting comp specs (I don't recall why) but it's close.

It's 6mm CPM-10V at about 62 HRC I believe. The flat grind stops 10mm from the spine, and it's got a very sharp convex edge. Carbon fibre & G10 laminate handle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE