Making A Bush Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Does anyone know a site where you can see photos or a diagrams or plans of a bush camp made from natural materials lashed together apart from the tarp? I’m thinking of the sort of bush camp that Les Hiddins used to sit out the wet in some of his episodes.Or perhaps something African.

What I like about these camps is that table, bed, kitchen is all part of one structure with places for the jerry can, wash basin , boot rack hangers, etc. Everything except the fire seems to be part of it

Anyone with some skill can knock up a stool or a pole bed but to integrate it all takes real skill I reckon. A skill borne of real bush experience that weekend hammock slingers like me lack as we are seldom in one place for more than a couple of days.

When I do a search for “making a bush camp” I get rubbish on (George W) Bush camp policy making etc.

Can you help? Do you have photos of your bush camp?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You've got beds, chairs and tables here:

http://tions.net/CA256EA900408BD5/vwWWW/outdoor~03~033

As for the actual shelter, if you want to use a massive tarp, it is just a case of putting it up between some good trees if there are any available, or by using good stout upright and guy lines to spread the load. You can get tarps from all over the place, I was eyeing up some truck sheets just yesterday made from canvas with heavy duty nylon webbing as loops. It would make a good long shelter for about 30 people!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE