Mad at myself! Lost a knife, like a bereavement

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I'm so annoyed at myself. After the Moot my car was filthy so I thought I would be smart and drop it off at the Eastern Euro' Hand Car Wash that has finally got planning in the hamlet where I work. It's only about 50 yards from me so they said they would drop it round when done.

I'd cleared my car when we got home. Just my Bimble Bag and a few odds and ends in the drawer under my load area including a Buck Spitfire I bought off here. I took the bimble bag just in case but thought to myself nobody is likely to go in the drawer.

I did notice that some things in my car had been moved to the glove box and stowage but it wasn't until the next day that I checked the drawer and found the Buck gone.

I marched round and demanded to see the boss. Told him that he has a thief working there but suddenly nobody spoke English.

I'm not short of knives and the Buck was just there "in case" and I'm grateful that the £30 odd won't kill me but I don't understand why the loss of this knife is causing me so much hurt. I'm so fed up!

Of course I'm also worried what nefarious use the blade could be put to as well but I doubt I'll ever trust anyone to clean my car again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
The reason it causes you "so much hurt", is probably more the psychological shock that you got stolen from, from someone you thought you could trust in your neighbourhood.

I wouldn't worry about the nefarious uses, it's not like a knife would be hard to find in a store, so any crime would have been done anyway. Now if it was a loaded gun, that'd be something else :p.

Don't be worried about people cleaning your car again, but just don't keep any valuables in it. (And in case it'd happen again, if you get it cleaned at a business and find something missing, call the cops immediately. I'm pretty sure they'll start understanding english again ;) )

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I took my car to some Lithuanian valeters the day after helping my sister sort her garden. I'd cleared everything out of it previously but forgot I'd put my Skrama in one of the rear compartments to keep it out of site.

Wasn't there when I suddenly remembered where I'd put it.

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Friend had his car cleaned with a hidden dash cam operating, he put a tener in the car where the cam was recording and sure enough caught the money being taken, told the boss who at first totally denied that anyone would take his money and in face said he had cleaned the car, my mate then pulled out the video and what do you know it was the boss who had taken the money!

Well he got his money back, a free clean and another 100 to boot, figured it was not worth wasting police time when real crimes are being done, not sure I would be so reasonable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE