Lowa Mega Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone reccomend the Lowa Mega Camp's? Any pro's or cons I need to be aware of?

Cheers

Grez..

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I haven't seen or heard of the Mega Camps, but I've had a pair of Super Camps for 8 months or so. They are amazingly comfortable. The inner leather lining is very soft. Unfortunately they are a little heavy so long hilly treks can be tiring (might be my age).
I went for the Supers instaed of the Combats or Mountain boots as I was worried about the goretex lining causing overheating feet and rotting membranes.

Matt

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Cheers guys.

Just need to find a local shop so I can try them on... :D

Grez..

H

halo

hi all,has anyone found a supplier for these boots in the uk i cant seem to find one already have a pair of mountain gtx?

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
i also have the super camp with the leather lining
very comfortable indeed being a person who has always worn boots for evryday life from a kid they dont seem to be heavy even on long treks in summer heat ive never had wet feet as i treated them with dubbin from new (great tip) fantastic boot buy them

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
oh yeh if you swamp your boots in goretex linning it takes ages to dry out the water from inside but the leather linning seems to dry much quicker
100s of royal marines carnt be wrong as they seem to buy the leather lined ones

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
could'nt agree more, mine are the type used by the German army, come to about two inches above the ankle and are leather lined. I've worn various military boots in my career, these are the best so far :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE