Lowa combat/mountain boots or?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Going to buy myself a new pair of boots,got to be real good allrounders,going to be used for bushcrafting,shooting and a fair amount of hill walking,spring summer and autumn.I like the look of the Lowas and they seem to have a very good reputation,mate in the army reckons there proper top kit.
Would you recomend these or would i be better off with other boots maybe even two different pairs ect?

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I have a pair and from what you've said they will be perfect for you.

I'm sure others on here will suggest other boots to you as each to their own but I'd say your army mate was right, top notch boots...

Go for it Matey :D

Bam.

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
When out and about shooting / fishing I wear standard UK army combat boots. But I would deffinetely recommend trying any boots on before buying, fit can be different between boot models in the same brand, let alone between makers.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Thanks for advise and replys so far.Reason i ask is that ive allways been a make do sort of bloke,but i fancy meself some quality kit for a change,obviously i intend to try these new boots on before desiding to buy ect. I realize that some of you most on here have more experience at bushcrafting,hiking and hill walking than i do so i thought i would pick your brains.Thanks gents. :)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
My standard summer boots are the upgraded US army jungle boots. They work extremely well for backpacking/bushwacking. I used to use a pair of Lowa all-leathers, but they were murder on my feet in the summer. Jungle boots seem to work for me, I've yet to find footwear more breathable. (Well, other than sandals!)

For winter use I wear Salolmon semi-crampon compatible boots.

Just my two cents!

A.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
CLEM,
I wear lowa boots for work, like your mate, I like them a lot. They are extremely comfortable and needed no breaking in, the sole seems to wear well and gives good traction. If you don't like the goretex ones they now do some with a cambrell lining, so if your feet sweat a lot that could be an option. Hope that helps mate.

Brian

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Brian said:
CLEM,
I wear lowa boots for work, like your mate, I like them a lot. They are extremely comfortable and needed no breaking in, the sole seems to wear well and gives good traction. If you don't like the goretex ones they now do some with a cambrell lining, so if your feet sweat a lot that could be an option. Hope that helps mate.

Brian
Thanks for the reply Brian/folks.Ive never had gortex anything never mind boots lined with the stuff,i thought that with the lining it let your feet breath and thus not overheat.Is this the theory but it does not work that well in practice ect??/

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
At the beginning of June I went fishing in Rannoch Moor and spent 24 hours ankle deep in water and these boots kept my feet dry. There great boots never had a problem with them don’t need to be broken in.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Angus Og said:
At the beginning of June I went fishing in Rannoch Moor and spent 24 hours ankle deep in water and these boots kept my feet dry. There great boots never had a problem with them don’t need to be broken in.
Nice looking boots.Cannot try them on though with them being a US company ect.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE