Low temperature power pack for camera.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thumbs up for the Eneloop batteries, Martyn from British Blades put me on to them, fab bit of kit they are too. I'm slowly switching over to them.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
The EneloopXX is now available, 2500mAh but a life of only 500 cycles, good to -20ºC, 75% charge retention after 12 months. Good enough for me.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Fuji_X10_and_Battery_Packs.jpg

Well I finally got around to making the set up I need.

I used a different pack in the end that was a bit less fancy looking but had a better capacity.

15000mAh at 5V. A darn sight better than the internal 940 mAh battery that's for sure.

So far it is working well and the capacity of the pack far out weighs the additional bulk in your pocket.

I cut the end off an old USB lead and added the correct round plug to go into the Fuji adapter.

The lead is robust and long enough to be threaded through my outer clothing to a warm pocket within.

I also have a smaller solar rechargable pack which seems to work too that might be useful in a last pinch.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looks like a good setup, how's it faring in practice? The Fuji is a nice looking camera, what does it offer over your G10?

ATB

Bob

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Well for a start it works and the G10 is now just a paperweight.

It performs much better in low light and I love the panoramic functions on it.

So far the setup works well, I'm looking into using one of the other sockets to power my 5D and I've ordered another battery pack to give me all the power I could need.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE