Low for even evilbay!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Well I was doing a quick search on evilbay and saw this listing;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RELEASE-KEY-R...225563063QQcategoryZ19296QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Blimey thought I, thats a good price for a flint and you get one of those cool quick release fobs with them like this;

a5_1_b.JPG

In then read the whole listing and felt it was worth posting it here to show the depths some scum bags will go to exploit people who dont read listings properly or dont know the real cost of things...

leon-1

True, but it is there in black and white, he states that all you will be getting is the fob and not the firesteel.

The fact that he has said it at the end of a load of gibberish which would make most people go into a coma is nobody's business. :D

In the end you did what most people should do "READ THE THING", then perhaps people would not sit back and wonder why they got a key fob.

You don't expect to get the model that is draped all over the Ferrari, almost like she is part of it, when it is shown at the NEC and you buy one, same thing, just different tactic ;)

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
In my opinion I don't see any problem with this persons listing whatsoever.

If you choose to buy things and don't read the listing then that's up to you. The seller hasn't lied or even mislead anyone, sure he's hammed his listing up with a little sales patter but I don't have a problem with this either.

The bottom line is that we are all adults and should be able to make our own choices provided we are given all the info which in this case we were.

If the listing has been updated and made clearer since the start of this thread then I cannot comment on the previous listing but as it is I think it's fine.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
It's just normal marketing isn't it?
Expensive though. I bought one from my local key cutter for 2.99 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE