Loch Achray Meet 18-21 September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think I'll bring my usual grub and see what happens, I don't want to be responsible for poisoning 20+ folk.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Afraid I will not be able to go, however, enjoy the trees and the water. Look forward to some pictures......
JOhnC

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi Guys, Really sorry to miss this one but I will be on holiday, and have already booked
for Johnshaven. Hope you have good weather and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Loch Achray the last time.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hope to attend,getting a lift off Peterlee-paddler(tony),looking forward to it.

wanderinstar
fishaben
johnnytheboy
Gailainne
Shewie (probably)
Grooveski
Gregorach
Scrogger
Big Geordie
John_C
Chainsaw
Soloman
Graham_S
Locum76
belzeebob23
rossm
Goatboy ( hopefully)
andybysea(fingers crossed)
peterlee_paddler(as above)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'll be coming up early on saturday and just staying the one night. I'd be up for helping out with cooking if something comes together equipment wise.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
If I remember right you're not even allowed to use your own boat:rolleyes:. Something about hiring them.
Can't say I've ever seen another boat on the water though. I presume they're based at the big hotel with the spires but not sure.

Venachar is an easy paddle away and less prescriptive.

Fish have been caught at previous meets but obviously it wouldn't be right to just say "sod them, do what you like!". ;)
Before anyone has a go, I don't fish freshwater. Can't be bothered with the regulations. On the odd occasion I have it's been with a permit and within the law.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
wanderinstar
fishaben
johnnytheboy
Gailainne
Shewie (probably)
Grooveski
Gregorach
Scrogger
Big Geordie
John_C
Chainsaw
Soloman
Graham_S
Locum76
belzeebob23
rossm
Goatboy ( hopefully)
andybysea(fingers crossed)
peterlee_paddler(as above)
Stooboy

be a shame not to come if the weather is looking so good :) i need a chilled out weekend, ill chuck the rod in the car anyway and enquire when i get up there as to options.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
The folk at the centre on Loch Venachar will know the score. They sell permits for Venachar, Lubnaig and I think the Leny too. It's about half way along the north shore on the road in from Callander.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Looks like me and goatboy will be heading up on saturday as poor me working first thing.
just a quick question for those how have been before can I get a long wheeled sprinter into the site? If so I can bring a palet of wood from work

scott

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Yeah, no bother. There's a wee staircase down to the site from the parking area but you'll have many hands helping you unload. :)

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Im going through a bad patch of meniere's at the mo so fingers crossed,I hope to get there on sat morning if only to drop some barrels off to some canoe folk.
Soloman.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Im going through a bad patch of meniere's at the mo so fingers crossed,I hope to get there on sat morning if only to drop some barrels off to some canoe folk.
Soloman.

Don't make a special trip for my sake Soloman, there's always another time if you've got things to sort out at the moment.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
No probs Rich,ive been looking foreward to this for ages so ill be there at some point even if i dont camp.
See you there.
Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE