Little One.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blackshuck

Apr 29, 2007
Suffolk / Cambs border
Here's a little knife I made in the cold of the garage a week or so ago, it's going to be a give-a-way over on BB. We did a KITH ( knife in the hat)and the only stipulation was a blade of 2" or less.This is what I came up with.

The blade is ground from a file, a piece of Sheffield's finest. Hidden tang, full flat with a micro secondary bevel. I clay backed and oil quenched and managed a reasonable hamon.

DSCF4250.jpg

DSCF4241.jpg

DSCF4247.jpg

DSCF4246.jpg

DSCF4245.jpg

DSCF4242.jpg

DSCF4240.jpg

DSCF4239.jpg

DSCF4238.jpg

I made a thin guard from copper then built the handle up out of home made black fibre spacers, burr maple and laburnum, all held together with 2 ton epoxy and a brass pin.

I then made a wet moulded pocket sheath from veg tanned 4mm leather, dyed and waxed.
About 6" overall.

What do you think?

David:)

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thats a stunning little knife, really impressed.

Simon.

Blackshuck

Apr 29, 2007
Suffolk / Cambs border
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I might make two or three more like that. It's a nice handy little design, very comfortable in the grip. I've got at least two more pieces of the maple that are about right for the handle and another file already annealed ready for profiling and grinding. I really enjoy making the smaller hidden tang designs.

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE